TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

henry

Reaction score
I know what you mean...
English not being my first (not even second!) language, I understand how
sticking to places you can better express yourself (and understand others) helps.

But I got the impression that Asterisk went through an explosive "reincarnation" of sorts over the last few years.
Usually, events like this "expose" all players on the scene. Regardless of language barriers.
Especially those that know what they are doing and have something to show...:)
And you are definitely in that group...

Rest assured, your software + Ward tutorials will increase your user base noticeably...

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Set this up on CaC per the latest NV article with a GV number registered through simonics.com. Outbound works perfectly, but inbound shows:
ERROR[3859][C-00000001]: Ext. s:11 @ from-extern: Dialplan loop detected. Got SIP header To: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
(IP sanitized)
Any ideas?

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Set this up on CaC per the latest NV article with a GV number registered through simonics.com. Outbound works perfectly, but inbound shows:
ERROR[3859][C-00000001]: Ext. s:11 @ from-extern: Dialplan loop detected. Got SIP header To: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
(IP sanitized)
Any ideas?

Check the settings from the article carefully. Something in your setup is different. That was a telltale sign before we got an assist from the XiVO devs.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Have you configured a did ? Is it "s:11@from-extern" the log ? The best to help you, is asking your question with the full log on our forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Check the settings from the article carefully. Something in your setup is different. That was a telltale sign before we got an assist from the XiVO devs.

Yup. I had forgotten to set "monitor" to yes in the Lines/General screen (seems there are 2 places where that needs to be set), and I had not put my DID in the "contact" field on the trunk register settings page. Not sure which one fixed it, but it works now :)

As usual, PEBKAC error.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're making some real progress in the (free) text-to-speech quality with XiVO. Try out options 5 and 6 in the demo and let us know what you think.
demoline.gif

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some more great news. Got RingPlus SIP trunk working with XiVO this afternoon. Will document it tomorrow. This provides another (practically) free SIP trunk of extremely good quality for use with XiVO. Number of free minutes depends upon your plan, but there are lots including current Endless Summer plan which provides 1500 free minutes a month for a one time cost of $25 and Malevich which provides unlimited minutes for $9.99 a month with $15 deposit.

Last edited:

gotel

Reaction score
I downloaded and install the 64bit version of XiVO and it's stuck at the validating screen. I why won't my server validate? I have checked the hostname / ip address / dns settings and all are fine.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
I downloaded and install the 64bit version of XiVO and it's stuck at the validating screen. I why won't my server validate? I have checked the hostname / ip address / dns settings and all are fine.

Hello,

There is a known issue on wizard with some networking configuration. We fixed it and we will released it on 16.06 the next Monday. Can you try with the dev version ?
You need to pass the argument -d on the install script.

gotel

Reaction score
Hello,

There is a known issue on wizard with some networking configuration. We fixed it and we will released it on 16.06 the next Monday. Can you try with the dev version ?
You need to pass the argument -d on the install script.

I did a re-install of the amd64 ISO, and I used "bash xivo_install_current.sh -d" and it still hangs at "Please wait, service starting in progress" and never completes.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Is it 16.06 ? Because we suppressed this message "please wait ..."

gotel

Reaction score
Is it 16.06 ? Because we suppressed this message "please wait ..."

How can I check the version? The dvd ISO does not have the version number, when I look at the file name its "xivo-latest-amd64.iso"

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
@gotel wait before to launch the script, we are finishing to merge something. The dev is broken now, but i give you feedback as soon as possible.

gotel

Reaction score
@gotel wait before to launch the script, we are finishing to merge something. The dev is broken now, but i give you feedback as soon as possible.
Ok. I am in the process of doing the minimal Jessie install. I will wait to hear back from you before attempting to run the xivo script with -d
Thanks

gotel

Reaction score

I got impatient and decided to run X11 on the local computer and use the browser to connect to 127.0.0.1 and I was able to pass the validate step. Now I can access from a browser on another computer. Problem resolved!!!:2guns:

Thanks for the help

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Complete XiVO Documentation (473 pages in PDF format) can be downloaded here.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
When i did set up google voice it accepts only 10 digits number and i think was a mistake i have done in the wizzard. Need to find out the file where this is stored to change it. Maybee
@Sylvain Boily can give me a help how to change the incall range after the installation

Choose Contexts -> from-extern -> Incoming Calls:

CiGCMx1WwAQ1j1X.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.