TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
@hecatae Yes we release every 3 weeks a new version. Because we are in agile mind and we use scrum, tdd etc ... to develop XiVO for a long time ago now. You can find also our platform test on jenkins.xivo.io. We have many tests. Stability is really important for ours.

There is also api.xivo.io to learn about our APIs.

We are on freenode on #xivo channel if you want to discuss and exchange about XiVO. My nickname is quintana.

Have fun with XiVO, we love every comments and contributions from everybody. (The team is at Quebec and we are 5)

henry

Reaction score
Can your SCCP channel driver be replaced with chan-sccp-b?

If so, will all the functionality/features of the latter be available?

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
I think you can, but you need to hack our generating system for the configuration if you want to use all xivo features. But we don't want to use chan-sccp-b.

henry

Reaction score
That's understandable...

The reason I'm asking: we have a few 7936/37 Conference stations that can do nothing but SCCP.
So, I'd like them to have shared lines, parking, conference calls (obviously) and some others.
Glancing through the docs of your channel driver you don't support them all...

But the overall impression from your package is very positive and I'm interested in trying it...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As frequent visitors know, we don't build Incredible PBX platforms without a rock-solid IPtables firewall with a WhiteList for access.

And, it doesn't appear that XiVO comes with a firewall. Hope that's accurate, @Sylvain Boily.

So here's how to install Travelin' Man 3 on XiVO via root login with SSH until we finish the Incredible PBX build...
Code:
cp -p  /etc/rc.local /etc/rc.local.orig
cd /
echo iptables-persistent iptables-persistent/autosave_v4 boolean true | debconf-set-selections
echo iptables-persistent iptables-persistent/autosave_v6 boolean true | debconf-set-selections
apt-get -y install iptables-persistent
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/tm3-xivo.tar.gz
tar zxvf tm3-xivo.tar.gz
cd /etc/iptables
cp -p rules.v6 rules.v6.orig
cp -p rules.v4 rules.v4.orig
cp -p rules.v6.ubuntu14 rules.v6
cp -p rules.v4.ubuntu14 rules.v4
serverip=`ifconfig | grep "inet addr" | head -1 | cut -f 2 -d ":" | cut -f 1 -d " "`
userip=`echo $SSH_CONNECTION | cut -f 1 -d " "`
publicip=`curl -s -S --user-agent "Mozilla/4.0" http://myip.incrediblepbx.com | awk 'NR==2'`
sed -i 's|8.8.4.4|'$serverip'|' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
sed -i 's|8.8.8.8|'$userip'|' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
sed -i 's|74.86.213.25|'$publicip'|' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
sed -i 's|-A INPUT -s  -j|#-A INPUT -s  -j|g' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
sed -i 's|-A INPUT -s  -p|#-A INPUT -s  -p|g' /etc/iptables/rules.v4
iptables-restart
iptables -nL
ip6tables -nL

You can whitelist IP addresses using add-ip and add-fqdn in /root. And you can delete entries with del-acct. Restart your IPtables firewall ONLY with this command: iptables-restart

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
XiVO appears to run great on minimal Debian 8 install at CloudAtCost if you need a $10.50 sandbox on the public Internet. Coupon code: TAKE70.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@wardmundy I have it running on a 3 cpu, 2.5gb ram, 40gb ssd cac instance, anything you would like me to test?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some good news this morning. Thanks to @Sylvain Boily and his colleague, Pascal Cadotte Michaud, we now have the @billsimon SIP Gateway for Google Voice up and running with XiVO! This means those in the U.S. will be able to make free calls in the U.S. and Canada using a traditional SIP connection to XiVO. Documentation will be available shortly on Nerd Vittles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Great ! We'd love to enhance our documentation. Please let me know what we can do to help people to use XiVO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@wardmundy

cloudatcost minimum Debian jessie install:

Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list

is it just me or does that reference a squeeze repository?

henry

Reaction score
The only question about XiVO left unanswered:
how did these guys manage to stay under the (Asterisk) radar/publicity for so long?
Based on terminology, they must be coming from another "angle", but this can't be reason enough...

Nice write-up Ward. Helps with the transition for Asterisk "traditionalists"...

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Hello Henry,

Maybe my fault for USA and English people, my English is not really good and I'm very active only on French asterisk community but for a long time. (asterisk-france.org)
I'm always at the astricon and devcon but my intervention is always limited (French accent ;-))
But we love free software and we are very open to discuss open telecommunication, asterisk etc ...
Don't hesitate to post questions and meet us on irc or on our forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.