TUTORIAL Vitelity Sub Account setup

Adam Conrad

Reaction score
I am stumped - I am trying to use Vitelity and I don't understand what ti wants under the 'add sub account' tab. I can't continue until this is setup. I have a Flowroute account and I wanted to try the Vitelity service.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can add. I looked at the online PDF for Vitelity and it didn't make sense to me.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
I am stumped - I am trying to use Vitelity and I don't understand what ti wants under the 'add sub account' tab. I can't continue until this is setup.

You'll associate your Vitelity DIDs with individual sub accounts.

1. Log into your Vitelity account.
2. Go to the "Sub-Accounts" tab (on the left of the display panel)
3. Enter the name of a Sub Account into the provided field (you provide the name)
4. Provide a password for this Sub Account in the provided field (you provide the password)
5. Enter the DID number that you want to associate with this sub account (or not ... it's not necessary, but a good idea)
6. Select NAT = YES
7. Click on the Add Account button.
8. Use the SubAccount name and password as the credentials when setting up your Vitelity DID on your iPBX or PIAF.

/Pete./

Last edited:

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@Adam Conrad ... I have had good results with Vitelity trunk settings like the following:

OUTBound
TrunkName: VitelOut
username=YourSubAccount
type=friend
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=YourSecret
host=outbound.vitelity.net
fromuser=YourSubAccount
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

INBound
UserContext: VitelIn
username=YourSubAccount
type=friend
t38pt_udptl=no
t38pt_tcp=no
t38pt_rtp=no
secret=Jvstd01t
insecure=port,invite
host=inbound**.vitelity.net
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

Registration
Register String:
YourSubAccount:YourSecret@inbound**.vitelity.net:5060/VitelityNumber

Where you assign the TrunkName and UserContext in the Outbound and Inbound aspect
Where YourSubAccount is the Sub Account that you've assigned for this Vitelity DID (this is set up in your Vitelity account)
Where YourSecret is the password that you've established for the SubAccount (this is set up in your Vitelity account)
Where ** is the specific inbound host assigned by Vitelity, ie., inbound12.vitelity.net
Where VitelityNumber is the ten-digit number for the DID that you are configuring

Be certain that to your Vitelity DID(s) are included in both INBOUND and OUTBOUND routes.

/Pete./

Adam Conrad

Reaction score
You'll associate your Vitelity DIDs with individual sub accounts.

1. Log into your Vitelity account.
2. Go to the "Sub-Accounts" tab (on the left of the display panel)
3. Enter the name of a Sub Account into the provided field
4. Provide a password for this Sub Account in the provided field
5. Enter the DID number that you want to associate with this sub account (or not ... it's not necessary, but a good idea)
6. Select NAT = YES
7. Click on the Add Account button.
8. Use the SubAccount name and password as the credentials when setting up your Vitelity DID on your iPBX or PIAF.

/Pete./
Excellent, that worked. I was thinking it was referencing some existing account and password already on the PBX. Thank You!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.