R.I.P. Vitelity New Website No vMobile?

Hometech

Reaction score
Just looked at vitelity new site and cant find any info on vMobile any more??

kenn10

Reaction score
I just logged in with my account and vMobile is still there.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Concur no mention of vMobile on the main site. vitelity.com

Hometech

Reaction score
I have had an issue with the vMobile becoming un pinned in the Myphone app on the phone causing texting not to work. I was working with support to get the vMobild registered (repinned) again when the support person realized that something was not allowing it to be registered and said that he was getting a engineer to look into it. That is when I noticed that their new website did not list vMobile as a product any longer. So maybe my issue will not be resolved because they could be doing away with vMobile all together. Still waiting for support to get back with me no texting working on both of my vMobile phones.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
I gave up on trying to get the phone purchased from vitelity to work as advertised. Support was unable to get it to function (even with beta software) on wifi only, wouldn't hand off, etc.

Hometech

Reaction score
Hey everone just spoke to Vitelity support about my issue pinning issue and in the conversation I asked about vMobile product and noted that it was not on their new web site offerings and was told that vMobile is DONE. They are giving up on it I guess

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Hey everone just spoke to Vitelity support about my issue pinning issue and in the conversation I asked about vMobile product and noted that it was not on their new web site offerings and was told that vMobile is DONE. They are giving up on it I guess

Ha - that thing never worked right to begin with.

Jake

Reaction score
I just noticed this too. I'm having the same SMS and pinning issues with vMobile. Luckily, I've been using an XMPP app on my phone to continue to receive text messages. What a pain!

Hometech

Reaction score
I believe the server that MyPhone App communicates with is dead. I received a email from support and they are still working on a solution.

Jake

Reaction score
Server's dead huh...Great...Makes you wonder how their server is setup? Any redundancy, backups, etc...

Do you think it will be weeks or months before they pull the plug completely?

I'm trying to find another FMC provider but am really struggling. I heard at one time 2600hz was playing with FMC but I can't find anything recent.

My next thought is maybe Google Fi. From a posting online I read you can use your Fi number on Asterisk using XMPP. However, it only works for inbound calls. That's fine as I'll use voip.ms for outbound with my desk phone and just spoof CID. Anyone else doing this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.