DEAL Vitelity Deal: 3.99 per DID with 4 channels

markb1439

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Thanks. I thought you were referring to setting ourselves up as a DID/trunk provider, which we don't have the know-how or means to do. Now I catch your meaning, and it makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Mark

Hat

Guru
Reaction score
Could you point to the voip.ms page that indicates they support business use and multiple channels or what their pricing for extra channels is?

Code:
[LEFT]Domestic DID per minute pricing[/LEFT]
          [IMG]http://www.voip.ms/images/puce_gray.gif[/IMG] Monthly Fee: USA: $0.99 to $1.49 Canada: $1.49 to  $1.99
          [IMG]http://www.voip.ms/images/puce_gray.gif[/IMG] Per minute inbound: $0.01 to $0.0149
          [IMG]http://www.voip.ms/images/puce_gray.gif[/IMG] One time setup fee: $0.50 (50¢)
          [IMG]http://www.voip.ms/images/puce_gray.gif[/IMG] Billing Increment: 6 seconds
          [IMG]http://www.voip.ms/images/puce_gray.gif[/IMG] Channels: Unlimited
As taken from their website:http://www.voip.ms/specifications.php The only business restriction that I have seen is for outbound/termination Telemarketing. Their flat rate DID pricing is typical residential stuff - max 2 channels.

If you are looking for flat rate DIDs with multiple channels...as Ward and others have said, DIDforSale is the ticket. $8.99 for 20 channels and each additional channel over that is $1.00/channel

paulnye

Guru
Reaction score
I moved 5 customer PBXs to Vitelity in the last year. I am beginning to wonder if it was a bad idea. They are down too often, and customers are wondering why did we switch. The outages are not for hours long, but they happen too often. Vitelity is sometimes saying they loose their downstream connection. My suggestion is to get a better one, build some redundancy, get a failover system in place, and actively monitor the connections so you dont have to wait until our customers call us, then we call Vitelity, and Vitelity says 'oh yes, you are right, there's a problem, we will fix it'
Apart from that, I like Vitelity.

rastasean

Reaction score
For the record, I've never had such a hard time signing up for voip service or any online service than I have with Vitelity. I attempted to sign up last night from home and an error message was thrown up when trying to confirm my number. Naturally, support was not available last night so I attempted today from work and the same message was displayed. This time I knew support would be available so I phoned in and spoke to an easily frustrated young man. Understandably, customers often lie and omit important information, but that doesn't mean your tone has to imply that you think your potential customer is lying to you.
I talk on the phone almost all day so I know tricks to push people off the line but that's unnecessary when the customer is trying to sign up with credit card in hand.
I went through the same sign up process about three times with the agent on the phone and the same message appeared even after using multiple phone numbers, so the agent mailed some forms to me to have my account manually activated.

I don't know what I was doing incorrectly on the page but if there's a problem with user input, error messages need more detail. "An error has occurred. Please contact support for assistance (###-###-####)" (message may vary slightly) Is not a very clear message to the end user or the support agent.

rastasean

Reaction score
Hi Ward,

Curious to hear what you think about the beta portal at Vitelity. Have you made any suggestions to them on it yet?

Thanks,
Sean

PBXEHR

Reaction score
"If you are looking for flat rate DIDs with multiple channels...as Ward and others have said, DIDforSale is the ticket. $8.99 for 20 channels and each additional channel over that is $1.00/channel"
Is that still in effect? Looking at their website, it's $8.99 per channel. So 20 channel's would be $179.98?​

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
"If you are looking for flat rate DIDs with multiple channels...as Ward and others have said, DIDforSale is the ticket. $8.99 for 20 channels and each additional channel over that is $1.00/channel"
Is that still in effect? Looking at their website, it's $8.99 per channel. So 20 channel's would be $179.98?

Not sure where you are looking. DIDforSale's pricing page for U.S. DIDs shows:

Flat rate DID Number with 20 inbound channels $8.99 for up to 8,000 minutes per DID

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Ward,

I'm confused. In your article
VoIP’s Dirty Little Secret: Why ‘Unlimited’ SIP Trunks Are a Very Bad Deal

you use Vitality's pricing and state a 4 channel solution. The offer seems to be for a 2 channel solution. Is the comparison article wrong (and not yet corrected) or do I get 4 channels? I know I need more than 2 so the offer doesn't work for me - but if it were 4 I would have some decisions to make.

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The text is from previous offers. The image is the current one provided by Vitelity. Please double-check with them and let us know if it's not 4. Thanks

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Well I ran some math to look at the costs

I downloaded the last 90 days of my flowroute activity and did some calculations. My usage appears to be 60% outbound and 40% inbound (not a good start for Vitality to win).

I calculated my flowroute costs as Inbound + Outbound + DID costs as actual.
I calculated Vitality presumed costs as Outbound (actual time) * .0144 (which is higher than flowroute) + 3.99 * 3 months.

Even with my usage, Vitality would have a lower net cost. But at only a couple of bucks a month it isn't enough to overcome inertia and the positive experience I've had with flowroute. I also don't have a channel limit with flowroute - although 4 channels is fine as a single user (but 3 is not).

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Why put all your eggs in one basket. That's the real beauty of having a PBX. Use one provider for incoming calls and one or more for outbound calling.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but given that the savings aren't big enough, it doesn't make sense to me (entropy) to unbundle my present solution (although I'm all for savings).

Given that my cheapest Verizon was $30/month plus $.1/minute (yes 10 cents a minute) for the second line, I'm already thrilled at $1.25 + .01/minute with the better features and service of PIAF + flowroute. Further optimization at this point is greatly diminished in terms of ROI/ROE.

This isn't to say that the Vitality deal isn't great for a new user - I'd probably be thrilled with their service; given my level of happiness/value received, however, I'm just not going to switch for the (now that I ran the math) marginal savings.

Andrew

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Is this new, or are you reiterating the deal from earlier discussions?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I interpreted it as a "bump." I couldn't see any new info...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some were having trouble finding it, and the terms improved with support for 4 channels.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.