DEAL Vitelity Deal: 3.99 per DID with 4 channels

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
See today's Nerd Vittles article for some terrific new discounts courtesy of Vitelity. These are only available to PBX in a Flash users! Tier A DIDs are available in over 3,000 rate centers throughout the U.S. and Canada. $3.79 pricing includes unlimited incoming calls with two simultaneous channels. You also get 100 free outbound minutes in the U.S. And the PBX in a Flash project gets a little spiff to help pay the bills. :smile5:

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, is this only good for actual PBX in a Flash users, or if someone just wanted to hook up with an ATA, would it be ok? Also, is this good for ported numbers too?

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to sign up with Vitelity in the past, but could not get a unlimited incoming package.

Today I was told by Vitelity that this Pbxiaf offer was only good for "
Onnet (A) Areas" only.:cryin:

Is this true or was I misinformed?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Vitelity did catch their error. The quoted rate is available in Tier A rate centers only, but they do support over 3,000 of them. What this means is that, if you want a DID in Podunck, Iowa, you're probably looking at Tier B pricing which is substantially more expensive both for Vitelity and for you unfortunately. We'll have a link where you can check tiers momentarily. Sorry for the mixup.

kenn10

Reaction score
Vitelity with a Terminal Adapter

Ward, is this only good for actual PBX in a Flash users, or if someone just wanted to hook up with an ATA, would it be ok? Also, is this good for ported numbers too?

I've used Vitelity with a PAP2T with no problems. Keep in mind they have no features like a Voicepulse or other residential provider. You can do the standard 3-way call and call-transfer and they provide caller-ID if you enable that feature on the DID. You cannot send out a custom Calling Name ID via the ATA due to the way you have to register the thing. They also prefer that you use G.729 CODEC but G.711 works just fine.

Voicemail on the line is available but it is a real pain in the *ss to retrieve messages. Read the support pages on Vitelity and understand before you jump in without the benefit of a PBX.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I hook up Vitelity DID's to SPA-1001's all the time for certain classes of customers. No problems. I was just wondering if the rate was dependent upon the DID terminating into a PiaF system. Ward, did you see that part of the question? Also, do ported numbers qualify? Inquiring minds that use PiaF and ATA's want to know.

By the way, I went to check the Tier A vs. Tier B status for my state (South Carolina). Turns out the ENTIRE state is considered Tier B. Even major areas like Columbia, Charleston, etc. Every rate center in SC is Tier B. Link is here: http://vitelity.com/index.php?p=network&opt=state&action=search&sstate=SC

That doesn't seem right to me. Mistake?

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
I signed up and when I picked my DID, it charged me the 7.95. I made sure to use the form on the site.

Should I contact Vitelity?

Thank you,
Michael

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
I was also charged 7.95. I called Vitelity and they changed the rate. I'm still wondering how to get the one hour of fee calling.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I was also charged 7.95. I called Vitelity and they changed the rate. I'm still wondering how to get the one hour of fee calling.

Go back and confirm that you selected a Tier A DID rate center. Heck, the entire state of Louisiana is Tier B, along with many others.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've sent a note to the Vitelity folks. Give them a few days to shake out the wrinkles. As for Tier A vs. Tier B, keep in mind that les.net and many others only sell Tier A DIDs. The incoming Tier B call rates from upstream suppliers are sometimes triple the rates for Tier A. This bit some of us because Vitelity happens to also offer Tier B and Tier C DIDs unlike some other providers. If you're in a medium to large sized city outside Dixie, it's probably Tier A. The rest of us still are paying for losing the Civil War. ;)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Fixed?

This just in from Vitelity. Let us know if you still have problems. :smile5:

Everything is fixed and the customers who signed up had their pricing adjusted to the special offer.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Im getting the $3.79 deal, but how is the free hour of outbound calling calculated?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Log into the Vitelity portal and click on Call Detail Report. That will tell you what you're paying or not paying for outbound calls.

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
I think I am being charged for my minutes. Not getting my free hour.

usrfromca

Reaction score
Same questions here, Can I port a number? I checked and I am in Tier A with original number. Can I use ATA? Will this work for small business? Can I add more services (by paying extra of course, such as their fax service?) I read somewhere that they do not charge for additional outbound channels, can I add more to this account? Is there Vitelity contact that can answer these and other member questions? It would be nice if somebody from vitelity showed up here to answer these questions.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, two of us want to use ATAs, and not PBX in a Flash. Of course, we'd like the special deal. In my case, I can't get the deal because South Carolina was the first to secede from the Union.

Absent Ward's or Vitelity's answer, I would say you can use an ATA with the special account. It is just an accounting entry, and I doubt if Vitelity took away their routing setup feature where you tell them to route calls to an Asterisk box or to an ATA.

Regarding outbound, Vitelity doesn't care how many simultaneous outbound calls you have since they are all pay as you go. Outbound is unlimited up to the capacity of your pipe.

Fax? Go ahead. This is all a scheme to get you to use minutes and you sound like you will. Go for it! The only issue I'm not sure about is the porting one. Can someone take an existing number and get this rate? Ward?? Vitelity?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As far as we know, you can order any Vitelity services you like. If you're not getting your free minutes, then open a ticket on their site. If you're already using Vitelity, then "your wife" probably needs to open an account to add new services. ;) Hope this helps.

lmatter

Reaction score
If I sign up now, for how many months will I get that good price? Will it pop back up to $7.95/month after a year or so?

I'm trying to compare this with the les.net price. Les.net charges that annoying "payment processing fee" which is like 3%. Also their number porting charge is more ($30 vs $18). But if Vitelity doubles the rate after 1 year it might be better to go with les.net in the long run

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's a very competitive market. That's about the only guarantee you have. What kind of guarantee do you get from AT&T or Comcast or Time Warner? :confused5:

I remember once upon a time when Coke doubled the cost of their drinks in the vending machines and blamed it on skyrocketing sugar prices. A few months later, the price of sugar dropped like a rock. Funny... the price of Coke and Pepsi never went back down.

Luckily the VoIP market has more than a couple of players. If you don't like the pricing, you always have the option of moving on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.