TIPS Incredible for VitalPBX

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
So -- something about this is messed up (at least from what I can see.) After previous steps:
Looks like everything running, but cannot connect using localhost... nada. dead.

pbxfreeck

Reaction score
I fail to activate emailing. I also don't go through gmail. Even though I signal at Google's security alert that this is me emailing is not working. With the Incredible PBX 13-13 and PBX 16-15 versions, I've never had a problem sending mail. Could it be a problem because I don't have an SSL certificate for my FQDN? Any idea?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@w1ve: Looks like FirewallD and SSH both come unglued on new Vultr installs. I've sent screenshot below of the FirewallD issue to the VitalPBX support folks. Now testing on CloudAtCost to see if I see the same issues.

Update: CloudAtCost fails in exactly the same way so something has definitely come unglued at the VitalPBX end. FirewallD starts correctly after the initial install, but adding an entry to the whitelist hoses it. Not sure what's going on with SSH, but it's a mess. Stay tuned for updates. :death:

EHjp_AtX4AAPdqC

Last edited:

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
@w1ve: Looks like FirewallD and SSH both come unglued on new Vultr installs. I've sent screenshot below of the FirewallD issue to the VitalPBX support folks. Now testing on CloudAtCost to see if I see the same issues.

Update: CloudAtCost fails in exactly the same way so something has definitely come unglued at the VitalPBX end. FirewallD starts correctly after the initial install, but adding an entry to the whitelist hoses it. Not sure what's going on with SSH, but it's a mess. Stay tuned for updates. :death:

EHjp_AtX4AAPdqC
The good news is I'm not crazy!

piaftnt

Reaction score

EHjp_AtX4AAPdqC
Is only on cloud platforms?
I have vital running on vmware locally and do not have a problem.

Jose Rivera

Reaction score
For existing installations you may follow these instructions to fix it:

#Clean the Cache
yum clean all
rm -rf /var/cache/yum

# Make a full update
yum update -y

# Apply Firewall Rules
/usr/share/ombutel/scripts/build_firewall
firewall-cmd --reload

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The VitalPBX developers have recompiled their previous FirewallD patch so installs going forward will not be affected.

Jose Rivera

Reaction score
What is best? New installatino or update existing?

You can do both. These are the instructions to fix existing ones:

#Clean the Cache
yum clean all
rm -rf /var/cache/yum

# Make a full update
yum update -y

# Apply Firewall Rules
/usr/share/ombutel/scripts/build_firewall
firewall-cmd --reload

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Much betta!!
The quick fix did not work, but the re-install works fine.
Love the UI. Very nice...
Now to make an extension work.
How do you choose between SIP and PJSIP?

Test phone is a Yealink, running behind NAT. Running SIP at 5080.
Have the NAT set as @wardmundy said:Force,Comedia
I'm using Proxy on phone, with STUN set.

On the phone, I see REGISTERING for a long time, then finally fail.
I'm pointing the reg server to my DNSName:5080

If I try to debug SIP in ASTERISK, I get nothing from either my public IP or
the phone's public IP. I see know SIP dialogs.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
My preference is SIP for extensions and PJSIP for trunks. Point 5061,5062,5080 and 10000-20000 UDP and TCP from your firewall to your phone. If you're using our security design, remember you can't register to PBX by IP address, only FQDN.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New VirtualBox Image of Incredible PBX 16 for VitalPBX 2.3.8 available on SourceForge

SourceForge Link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/IncrediblePBX16 for VitalPBX/

Suitable for use behind a hardware-based firewall ONLY!

EHv6tG5WsAEziDE

1. Reset root password (default is password) using passwd
2. Set password for VitalPBX GUI by pointing browser to IP address of your PBX
3. Reset extension 701 password.
4. Enter email address for ext. 701 and set voicemail password.
5. Preconfigured for Skyetel. Configure Skyetel side according to tutorial step #22: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30854
6, In your firewall/router, redirect all 5 Skyetel IP addresses to your PBX LAN IP address for TCP/UDP 5060-5080 and UDP 10000-20000:
7. Default inbound route points to Demo IVR. Adjust as desired.
8. Complete steps #26, #27, #30, #32 if desired: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30854
9. Configure IBM TTS and STT if desired: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30854
10. Configure Wolfram Alpha if desired: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30854

Last edited:

Jack2000

Reaction score
Any module or some special step to install a "Spam" killer for VitalPBX, like the one for IncrediblePBX. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.