TIPS Incredible for VitalPBX

pbxfreeck

Reaction score
We now have an install script that can be used on CentOS 7 minimal platforms without having to resort to the ISO. You can download it here.

A word of warning. Be sure to select CentOS 7 platform on your VPS. Some, including Vultr, now support CentOS 8 which won't work. And don't run yum update either.

Code:
cd /root
yum -y install net-tools wget nano tar
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx.sh
chmod +x incrediblepbx.sh
./incrediblepbx.sh
This installation script also works on Cloudatcost.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This installation script also works on Cloudatcost.

Yes, indeed. And their V3 platform is a much improved platform. In fact, we use them almost exclusively for honeypots because every bad guy on the planet has their number. Not exactly a recommendation, but the performance is good now and downtime/reboots are a thing of the past.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
BUG: If any of you installed the Custom Context IVR application from Nerd Vittles this week, be advised that untarring the components changed the ownership of /var/lib/asterisk to root which caused updates to the Asterisk DB to fail. Here's the fix:
Code:
chown asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/asterisk

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Finally got Festival TTS running. It's pretty lousy, but it's always free unlike IBM TTS which gets you 10,000 characters per month for free OR 2 cents per 1,000 characters, whichever you prefer. Neither of the IBM options will break the bank for most folks.

Dialplan syntax for festival is Festival("Here is something to say")

Code:
yum -y install festival
echo "[general]" > /etc/asterisk/festival.conf
asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"
festival_server &
systemctl restart asterisk
echo "/usr/bin/festival_server &" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Jack2000

Reaction score
piaftnt Do you have incoming calls working. I follow the instructions in this post and I can make call but no incoming calls, I tried different combinations with SIP, PJSIP, without luck, I also use the parameters in the advance tab without luck. Always is a problem with Callcentric all other providers works without any special steps. Thanks with any other idea.

Update: I already fix the problem, using the regular SIP not PJSIP.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The Secret Sauce for Safely Exposing Incredible PBX for VitalPBX to the Public Internet

EHfFe2yXkAAH-8-

Going Public with Incredible PBX 16 and VitalPBX 2.3.8

Last edited:

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Installed on Vultr Centos7 64 bit VM via script. Install went smoothly. But, SSH immediately died. Got to web UI, added my IP to the firewall. Still no SSH access.
Changed SSH Port via Vultr Terminal. rebooted. No SSH and no web.

Retrying install. It is fairly quick progress.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Just re-installed the script on Vultr CentOS 7/64. Following your install instructions @wardmundy.

"4. From the VitalPBX Dashboard, navigate to Admin:Security:Firewall:WhiteList. Enter each of your IP addresses from step #3 and click Save button. "

When I do this, I get the incredibly long progress bar in orange across the top. It is taking 30 seconds for the bar to progress. When it finishes, nothing else happens.
If I wait another minute or two, I click anywhere in the web UI, and I get a dialog that comes up: ERROR: With no description.
Now, web dead and SSH dead.

This a 1Mb server.

Thoughts?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@w1ve: Obviously whitelisting your IP address shouldn't lock you out. Are you being prompted to register and did you do that?? That's all I can think of that's locking you out. I think I'd skip the whitelist step and removing HTTP and HTTPS steps until you can get things going.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
@w1ve: Obviously whitelisting your IP address shouldn't lock you out. Are you being prompted to register and did you do that?? That's all I can think of that's locking you out. I think I'd skip the whitelist step and removing HTTP and HTTPS steps until you can get things going.

I did that on the initial install. On subsequent re-installs I've not been asked to register.

Should I install and simply wait for a register prompt?

And, when I save the whitelist, as I said, it takes a very long time, which makes no sense.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Also, I tried clicking the "Register License" option in the Administrator menu in upper right. I get same very slow progress bar followed by the Error dialog with no other text.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think you should wait to proceed until the registration step appears and has been completed. Perhaps their server was off line for a bit. I'd wait a few hours and try again. I've installed several on Vultr with no issues, just not today.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
OK. Well, here's another hint: Just re-installed again. As soon as the script finishes, and the server reboots, SSH is not accessible. However, Web is. So, I'll put in my admin creds and then just let it sit.

kenn10

Reaction score
In the way of a test, I did all the Centos upgrades on a fresh Hosting73 instance and tried this, but Fail2Ban will still not run on Hosting73 with this platform. So the SolusVM platforms still will not work.

pbxfreeck

Reaction score
I think you should wait to proceed until the registration step appears and has been completed. Perhaps their server was off line for a bit. I'd wait a few hours and try again. I've installed several on Vultr with no issues, just not today.
I had the same problems on Clodatcost and solved them by deleting yum -y update from incrediblepbx.sh before starting the installation.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
@wardmundy So -- I'm not getting promped to register... but I can bring up this register license menu. Is this the same thing?
How do I get a value for the License field?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In the way of a test, I did all the Centos upgrades on a fresh Hosting73 instance and tried this, but Fail2Ban will still not run on Hosting73 with this platform. So the SolusVM platforms still will not work.

That's probably a good thing. You need a KVM platform for a safe implementation.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I had the same problems on Clodatcost and solved them by deleting yum -y update from incrediblepbx.sh before starting the installation.

For S**ts and giggles, I tried an install without the yum -y update.

The registration prompt came and I registered.

Then, Exact same result. Once I try to add an item to the firewall, it takes forever to issue a Error message that is blank.

Once I do that, the web server is down as is SSH.
(I tried from another browser.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.