TIPS Incredible for VitalPBX

hawk#1

Reaction score
I liked running wazo until support for the add-ons was discontinued.

markieb

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to play around and see how things work.
Loving a lot of what I see, but not being able to pull CID and report to CDR for outbound calls like I can do with Superfecta is definately going to kill this off for me before I even get started :(

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Loving a lot of what I see, but not being able to pull CID and report to CDR for outbound calls like I can do with Superfecta is definately going to kill this off for me before I even get started :(

CallerID Superfecta is on my short list.

kenn10

Reaction score
Remember that Asterisk underlays VitalPBX so virtually anything Ward has done with FreePBX and Asterisk is likely going to be possible with VitalPBX. I'm sure he just needs time to work on it.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I droped Freepbx a couple years ago and went with Vitalpbx in production servers for my customers and they all work Great.

markieb

Reaction score
The only thing I'd need for my environment to be able to use VitalPBX in production is the Superfecta addon :p

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The only thing I'd need for my environment to be able to use VitalPBX in production is the Superfecta addon :p

Which providers?? It's not going to be a drop-in replacement because VitalPBX doesn't support FreePBX modules obviously.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Which providers?? It's not going to be a drop-in replacement because VitalPBX doesn't support FreePBX modules obviously.

The major ones for me are OpenCNAM and BulkVS

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@krzykat: OpenCNAM is easy.

PBX:Incoming Calls:CID Lookup

EGiZAHpX0AA42Dn

Last edited:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
@krzykat: OpenCNAM is easy.

PBX:Incoming Calls:CID Lookup

EGiZAHpX0AA42Dn

Ahh ... but you are not caching there like we do with Superfecta that's where the real power of that app exists. My typical Superfecta Setup looks like this:

1) Asterisk Phonebook
2) Superfecta Cache
3) Trunk Provided
4) BulkCnam or OpenCnam

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yep. And that's what I'm working on duplicating. Probably going to start small with the Asterisk Phonebook and BulkCNAM. Then we can add from there.

EDIT: We've decided to go with a MySQL database for caching instead of the Asterisk Phonebook which is not directly supported in the VitalPBX GUI at this time.

Last edited:

markieb

Reaction score
For me I only use the 3 below, but very importantly it's for outgoing calls as well as incoming, and most importantly needs to reflect on outgoing lookup in the CID reports.
Not asking for much I know........ ;)

1) Asterisk Phonebook
2) Superfecta Cache
3) UKPhoneInfo UK

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's something to get everyone started: Incoming CID Lookups with OpenCNAM and MySQL Database Caching

1. To build the database for caching, log into your server as root and...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/customer.tar.gz
tar zxvf customer.tar.gz
mysql -u root < customer.sql

2. In the VitalPBX GUI, under PBX:Incoming Calls:CID Lookup, create a new entry that looks like this and reload the dialplan after saving it.
Code:
Description: Customer DB
Source: MySQL
Host: localhost
Database: customer
Query: select cidname,cidnumber from customer where phone='[CIDNUM]'
Username: root
Password: [leave blank]

2. After you've set up your OpenCNAM account, under PBX:Incoming Calls:CID Lookup, create a new entry that looks like this and reload the dialplan after saving it.
Code:
Description: OpenCNAM
Source: OpenCNAM
SID: [your-OpenCNAM-SID]
Token: [your-OpenCNAM-Token]

4. Under PBX:Applications:Custom Contexts, create a new entry, save it and reload the dialplan:
Code:
Description: CID Superfecta
Context: superfecta
Extension: s
Priority: 1

Destination: Terminate Call -> Hangup

5. Add a new or modify an existing PBX:External:Inbound Route for the DID to be managed by CID Superfecta and the Caching Database.
Code:
CID Lookup (must be): Customer DB
Inbound Destination (must be): Custom Contexts -> CID Superfecta

6. From the Linux CLI, edit /etc/asterisk/ombutel/extensions__80-custom.conf and add the following code:
Code:
[superfecta]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Executing CID Superfecta)
same => n,GotoIf($["foo${CID_NAME}" = "foo"]?runOpenCNAM:skipOpenCNAM)
same => n(runOpenCNAM),Set(CID_NAME=${SHELL(/usr/share/ombutel/scripts/cid_lookup "2" "${CALLERID(num)}")})
same => n,NoOp(Changing CID Name from ${CALLERID(name)} to ${CID_NAME})
same => n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CID_NAME})
same => n,system(mysql -u root customer -e 'insert into customer VALUES("${INCOMING_SOURCE}","${INCOMING_SOURCE}","${CID_NAME}")')
same => n(skipOpenCNAM),Set(ICALL=yes)
same => n,Goto(incrediblepbx,s,1)
same => n(return),Return()

7. Reload the Asterisk dialpan: asterisk -rx "dialplan reload" and place a call to the DID specified in step #5 above.

EGnyt_YWwAECiUW

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's been mentioned that many, if not all, of these CNAM lookup services prohibit caching to maximize their revenue stream obviously. While this is not legal advice, keep in mind that CDR logs on ALL PBXs are, by definition, call caches. Unless the services are willing to outlaw ALL PBXs, we believe the prohibition is unenforceable as we could just as easily retrieve the data from the CDR database and use that data to make a determination on whether to query their service. For example, a MySQL query can extract the exact same information from the CDR regarding an incoming call.

EGruLAiX0AAiXoe

dallas

Reaction score
It's been mentioned that many, if not all, of these CNAM lookup services prohibit caching to maximize their revenue stream obviously. While this is not legal advice, keep in mind that CDR logs on ALL PBXs are, by definition, call caches.

I'm no lawyer either but.. according to various governments (yours and mine included) CDR logs would be classified as 'metadata'. :D

piaftnt

Reaction score
Anyone have working configurations for callcentric trunks on vitalpbx?
I cannot seem to get the extra callcentric hosts in sip__50-2-trunks.conf to load.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@piaftnt: Try mimicking the PJSIP setup for Skyetel. In the Advanced tab, you may need to add the following. Try one at a time until all is working:
Code:
NAT  Force,Comedia  Enabled
ice_support  yes  Enabled

EG1m5BDW4AEfqjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.