NO JOY Vitality(now Voyant)

Brianmac

Reaction score
Over the last two weeks, I cannot get a Did to call directly into the extension on my local PBX. The issue is, Voyant is not making the connection to my PBX(router passing UDP 5060:5060 and 10000:20000 to the proper IP of PBX). So when someone outside, dials the Did, it doesn't ring the extension and instead goes to the failover(on the did in Voyant) and hits the mail line(ringing all phones).
Nothing has changed(no updates or manual changes) on our end and we are using IP endpoint for registration.

any ideas off the top of anyones head?

SIP incoming:
User context: acme123

User Details:
username=acme123
type=friend
t38pt_udptl=no
t38pt_tcp=no
t38pt_rtp=no
secret=mypassword
insecure=port,invite
host=inbound33.vitelity.net
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

Register String: acme123:[email protected]:5060

Attachments

• IPBX-13_13_3.png
    IPBX-13_13_3.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 3

billsimon

Reaction score
we are using IP endpoint for registration

What does this mean? Either you are asking Vitelity to send the calls to your static, public IP, or you are using registration - but not both. If they are sending to your public IP address, then you should remove the registration line.

You will need to pull up Asterisk verbose logs and/or enable SIP debugging in order to see what's going on. The problem should be evident from one of those two sources. Post some of the logs/debugs here if you need help.

Brianmac

Reaction score
understood about registration, it was removed... Checking router logs as i do not see any traffic from Vitality..
Thanks,
Brian

kenn10

Reaction score
For Vitelity to work properly, you need an inbound and outbound definition. First, you need to know which server the DID is coming from. For example, my DID's come from inbound4.vitelity.net. Log into your Vitelity account and go to Support > FreePBX support and the examples actually show you how to set up your inbound and outbound trunks in FreePBX. On the inbound trunk side, it will show you which inbound server you need to register with.

You also need to know or set the format of the incoming DID number. In the voice number settings, you can set it to 1+did number or just the 10-digit number or whatever number you want it to send the PBX. Whatever is being sent must be matched with your inbound route for that number in FreePBX.

Here is what my FreePBX settings look like.

Outbound:

Inbound

Last edited:

kenn10

Reaction score
One other thing: If you have multiple sub-accounts, make sure you have routed the DID to the correct sub-account that connects to your system.

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Registration is not necessarily needed for Vitelity (we generally don't use registration with them) . Unclear how the @Brianmac is actually setup. A screen shot of the Vitelity routing page would clear things up.

Brianmac

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help(along with vitality support). I don't think its the PBX settings. I am not seeing any traffic hitting my router from vitality servers(not receiving, dropping, or rejecting any traffic).. Waiting to hear back from them

Brianmac

Reaction score
Fixed, the PBX did NOT have a rule for Vitality in iptables(weird as this has been working...). Now incoming is working fine....
Thanks for the help!
Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.