TIPS VirtualBox Centos 7 Incredible PBX 16-15.1

PBX Novice

Reaction score
Hi

Newb Q here

So I followed the tutorial http://nerdvittles.com/?p=30236 to create a Incredible PBX 16-15.1 on Centos 7 built in virtualbox

I'm clueless how to navigate to the GUI to interface with it?
pbxstatus just shows my routers IP

Thanks for any help

Eliad

Reaction score
Pbxstatus is supposed to show you your local ip too. Don't know why does not. You could just run ifconfig to find your PBX IP address. Then use a browser to access the IP. It should get you to the web interface.

hawk#1

Reaction score
At the end of the install, it displays how to access the gui, and what password to use, and other information that is useful to know, like the knock ports and more. It also lists some scripts you should run to help finish with the set-up.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
How is your network configured on the VirtualBox side? Must be in Bridged Adapter mode to get a local IP address.

PBX Novice

Reaction score
How is your network configured on the VirtualBox side? Must be in Bridged Adapter mode to get a local IP address.
Great call. That was the fix!
Is there a way to access not from my network? And point SIP providers to it?

PBX Novice

Reaction score
Also asterisk keeps not starting until I do fwconsole or amportal restart- is there a fix for that?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Add the following command above the exit 0 line at the end of /etc/rc.local:
Code:
/usr/sbin/fwconsole restart

PBX Novice

Reaction score
Do I need VPN to get the virtual machine to have a connectable IP from the outside? Any other way to connect the PBX to a SIP provider or a softphone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.