FOOD FOR THOUGHT Very Confused - What system is being recommended?!?

jchuby

Reaction score
I keep track of the NerdVittles website pretty frequently and have noticed over the last few months that the website is now promoting a few different systems and 'flavors of those systems'.. Xivo, issabel, 3CX.
While it is great to have options - it is very confusing for me (at least).

I have a pbxinaflash on ubuntu Local system - built on an intel mini computer. It works great, have had it for a about 2 years. Now I see the cloud offerings are supposedly better than on premise - great! But which one do I go with?? I can handle the instructions and install the server...

I am used to the FreePBX interface thats been common for a while in PBXinaFlash, but I can handle a new interface if its a better system.

We have 8 phones (all polycom), handle about 4-6 active calls at once currently using Vitelity for inbound and Twillio for outbound. We are switching our inbound from Vitelity to VoipMS because vitelity pings at 80ms and Voipms local server is at 1.8ms. We have a fiber line with 750/750 service into a wired gigabit network.

We have 2 IVRs, 2 Fax Numbers, a few voicemail to email accounts, etc... Really not a big system.

I would love to transition to the cloud, to a nice set it and forget it (with backups) system.

What do you recommend?

jchuby

Reaction score
No replies?
I will be focusing my attention on PBIAF5 based on 3cx - cloud based - hopefully on Vultr due to its low costs and east coast availability.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I'm still sticking with Incredible 3. At some point, it will probably migrate to Isabell, its' the closest to what we've been using over the years - being based on FreePBX and maintaining a completely open source.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Check out Ombutel. Seems to work well. Found a few bugs but no show stoppers. Just about ready to go into production. I can recommend it with the caveat that you should test it first. Make sure the features you need are there and work as expected.

Kind of excited about Isabell. Hopefully they can get Asterisk 13 on there.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.