FYI Verizon/Yealink T46G phones on eBay

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I purchased on of these phones for $40 off eBay and then spent $10 for a power cord.

By following directions off the internet, I flashed it with recovery firmware and then the latest 'normal' T46G firmware.

It behaves as if it were straight off the shelf from Yealink's warehouse.

Very cheap way to get a great phone.

Andrew

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
LINK !!! PLEASE - just looked and only saw some at around $100 ... for used, not that great a deal.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Sure,

The steps are pretty simple (hey, even I got it right).

Yealink's document: http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDownload/download?path=upload/attachment/2015-7-17/3/c561533e-eec7-44c5-b0e3-f87ccfba4e5c/Recovery+Mode+on+Yealink+IP+Phones_V80_60.pdf

They even include a link for a t*f*t*p server for the PC
Download the recovery firmware - http://81.88.82.245/firmware/Yealink/recovery/Yealink T46/ (or just google your way to a download)

configure the t*f*t*p server on the PC and make the files you downloaded are available in its default directory.
Set your PC to a fixed IP
Attach your PC and phone to a spare router NOT attached to the internet
boot the phone and hold the speaker button until the recovery menu appears
enter the IP address of the t*f*t*p server and other IP info on screen
Press OK
Attach phone to normal network and upgrade the firmware to the newest version or whatever you deploy
New Phone!

Andrew

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
LOL - I meant the $40 phone. Think you got a good deal, don't see them going for that price.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Sorry,

It was an OBO without a power supply and locked as a Verizon. He wanted $25 for shipping and I offered $15 ($40 net). Tax was added so it was a little more.

Power supply was $10 from Amazon with Prime.

Seller has another which is at $30 right now. Not as good, but not terrible. They seem to close in the all-in price of $60-$75.

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
There are some T46Gs on eBay right now WITH power supply for around $89 with free shipping if anyone is trying to chase one down on the cheap.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Yealink disco'd the 46G 9and other "G" series a few weeks ago . . . 5 years of firmware updates though they say so I think you'll be fine to still buy one.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I bought several off of ebay BRO for something like $25 free shipping. They are great phones. Firmware update is trivial.

KNERD

Reaction score
LINK !!! PLEASE - just looked and only saw some at around $100 ... for used, not that great a deal.

If you are a dealer, you should be able to get them from a distributor for maybe $95?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
If you are a dealer, you should be able to get them from a distributor for maybe $95?
For T29, sure, not T46. Doesn't matter - we now have our own brand that come complete with WIFI, Bluetooth, and AutoPush provisioning included.

KNERD

Reaction score
It seems all the T4xG series telephones will be cheap now as they were put EOL at the time of this thread was started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.