SOLVED Using Old Aastra Setup Scripts

rchalk

Reaction score
I just set up a brand new server, with Incredible PBX 12.0.70, and that went OK. Now, I want to use the old Aastra scripts (modified for my own config). I installed them without issues, and ran the setup and check scripts, and everything necessary seems to pass OK as well.

When I try to set up a phone, however, it does not appear to read the configuration files. The aastra.cfg file in tftpboot tries to force the phone to read startup.php, but nothing happens. I can't tell whether the phone sees the aastra.cfg file or not, and if it does, why it can't read the startup.php file and do the automatic configuration.

Has anyone tried using these with current systems? If so, can you help me figure out what is wrong?

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to discuss this in public forum.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Haven't used the Aastra's in awhile but it's ability to pull it's configs from the server is independent of the PBX version or files. You need to make sure the t*f*t*p server is running, I remember Ward saying something to the effect that on some later versions of PIAF it was not included so you'd have to install it yourself. The existence of the directory doesn't mean it's running. I think the Aastra's can send debugging output to a logging server, you'll have to look that up. Config files can also be on a separate server and accessed using http or t*f*t*p.

(fix t-f-t-p on first link)
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Enable+t*f*t*p+verbose+logging
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=207
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/t-f-t-p-setup-for-incredible-pbx.17611/

Last edited:

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, took me a little while to understand this, but now it is working.

Thanks so much!!!

Dean Penderghast

Reaction score
I just set up a brand new server, with Incredible PBX 12.0.70, and that went OK. Now, I want to use the old Aastra scripts (modified for my own config). I installed them without issues, and ran the setup and check scripts, and everything necessary seems to pass OK as well.

When I try to set up a phone, however, it does not appear to read the configuration files. The aastra.cfg file in tftpboot tries to force the phone to read startup.php, but nothing happens. I can't tell whether the phone sees the aastra.cfg file or not, and if it does, why it can't read the startup.php file and do the automatic configuration.

Has anyone tried using these with current systems? If so, can you help me figure out what is wrong?

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to discuss this in public forum.

Thanks.
RCHALK:

I just moved a client from Trixbox and now I'm having issues getting their Aastra phones to work, especially the parking feature. Can you outline exactly what you transferred into your new server and what files you modified to get them working again?

rchalk

Reaction score
I had two issues. First the script files were/are no longer available from the original sources, and second, the new install did not automatically install and start t*f*t*p server. If you'll send me your email address, I can send you the files you need, as well as a step-by-step on how to get them installed.

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
I had two issues. First the script files were/are no longer available from the original sources, and second, the new install did not automatically install and start t*f*t*p server. If you'll send me your email address, I can send you the files you need, as well as a step-by-step on how to get them installed.
Can you do this for me too?

rchalk

Reaction score
send me your email address, and I'll send you the info.

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to rchalk I got this working except for Parking.
when on a call, I push the PARK Button and I get error
'Parking lot not configured. Please contact your administrator'
From Line#119
Code:
Aastra_Scripts / 2.3.1-1.noarch / var / www / html / aastra / asterisk / park.php
lgaetz/Aastra_Scripts

mmmtl

Reaction score

Can you also send me the files and how to install them please (to mmmontreal AT gmail DOT com)? Thank you.

rchalk

Reaction score
One new discovery. With 13-13, I could not get the configurations to load. I got a "File not found" on the phone screen. When I examined the aastra.cfg file which is created by running config-aastra-xml, I discovered that the server IP had been detected as 127.0.0.1, instead of the external IP of the server. Manual editing of the file (about 4-5 locations) to put the correct IP address, and now everything works as expected.

(I may be the only one who still cares about these scripts, but they are SO convenient...)

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
One new discovery. With 13-13, I could not get the configurations to load. I got a "File not found" on the phone screen. When I examined the aastra.cfg file which is created by running config-aastra-xml, I discovered that the server IP had been detected as 127.0.0.1, instead of the external IP of the server. Manual editing of the file (about 4-5 locations) to put the correct IP address, and now everything works as expected.

(I may be the only one who still cares about these scripts, but they are SO convenient...)
On 13-13 how did you get aastra to grab the t*f*t*p files? Is there something to get t*f*t*p server working in PBX13?

rchalk

Reaction score
The following was run to get t*f*t*p to work:

yum install t*f*t*p t*f*t*p-server xinetd

Depending on the installation, you may need to change the directory where t*f*t*p looks for files.
nano /etc/xinetd.d/t*f*t*p
Change "server args" to = -s /tftpboot
set disable to no
reboot

Good luck

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
The following was run to get t*f*t*p to work:

yum install t*f*t*p t*f*t*p-server xinetd

Depending on the installation, you may need to change the directory where t*f*t*p looks for files.
nano /etc/xinetd.d/t*f*t*p
Change "server args" to = -s /tftpboot
set disable to no
reboot

Good luck
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.