NO JOY USB Install Works, but no Fail2ban

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Brand new install using incrediblepbx13.13-raspbian8 errors with the following (it does come up) - any advice appreciated.

Tons of lines that read:
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.1.18-V7+/modules.dep.bin'
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I had Incredible PBX 12.0.74 running on a microSDHC card - I backed that up and burned to a USB stick. I then followed Wards instructions for making it a boot drive. To my happiness, the boot up worked fine and all is quiet. I'll continue to work to reinstall this system as PBX13-13, but what I can surmise is that the PBX running on your micro card must match the level on the USB stick. During USB boot, it must still be reading the micro card for libraries.

Lesson Learned: The carpets must match the drapes.

Last edited:

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
but what I can surmise is that the PBX running on your micro card must match the level on the USB stick. During USB boot, it must still be reading the micro card for libraries.
I have not run the pi3 from usb, but have been reading http://www.instructables.com/id/Boot-the-Raspberry-Pi-from-USB/
which is related to the pi and not to PBX. From that I surmise that its just the fat32 boot partition that you need on the SD card but with the root redefined by "open up the file called "cmdline.txt"
"Change the line from "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2" to "root=/dev/sda2".

Clearly that is not relevant to your particular set of instructions and I'll have to check this out.

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Pi3 and newer can boot directly from USB with no SD card at all. Pi2 or earlier will need the sd card with at least bootcode.bin.

The cmdline.txt editing was needed on older Raspbian Jessie installs when the device names were used. Newer installs (should) use PARTUUID values and won't need editing. It appears the 13-13 image is using PARTUUID according to https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/raspberry-pi-3-b.22516/page-2#post-136203.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.