SOLVED URGENT problem with numbers at Vitelity carried by Sprint

rchalk

Reaction score
I have two numbers currently on Vitelity/Voyant, which are in turn serviced by Sprint. Vitelity is advising me that due to changes at their end, they will no longer be able to provide these numbers, and that I should contact Sprint to set up service with another VOIP provider.

These numbers were originally with Horry County Telephone, and were in Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina. When I ported them, the only provider I could find that could port them was Vitelity by way of Sprint. Does anyone know of ANY VOIP provider who has a relationship with Sprint, so I might be able to port these numbers? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

kenn10

Reaction score
I'd check out some of the other providers like Anveo Direct or Voip.MS to see if they can be ported at all. Believe it or not, there are still some pockets where number portability doesn't work.

rchalk

Reaction score
I checked with all the popular providers including those two, and all were negative. Vitelity was the only one who could, but I guess they are severing their ties with Sprint. I will try calling Sprint Business Services on Monday, to see if they can tell me who interconnects with them. The only other way for my customer to keep the numbers would be to port them back to Horry County, and set them up as remote Call Forwarding to other numbers on my VOIP system. He is going to be really annoyed if I have to change his phone numbers....

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Some of HTC exchanges can port out depending on the rate center.
They like to charge you for RFC plus more for each additional forwarding path!

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, there never was a solution, so we ported the numbers back to HTC, and set up remote call forwarding to numbers on VOIP.MS. Changing the Internet Provider to HTC allowed us to do this for no additional charge, so we have a work-around that let the customer keep the numbers.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
What did Sprint say when you contacted them asking about Sprint carriers? I remember many years ago that Sprint was allowing some smaller guys become carriers with them and I even had the paperwork

rchalk

Reaction score
They were very off-handed. They "kind of" suggested a couple of carriers, but neither of them was able to help, so in the end, the solution above was the only way I found to keep the numbers active.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.