TIPS upgrading WAZO 17.08 to 17.09 - broke MOTIF / google voice

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
I have WAZO 17.08 running on ESXi.

prior to the upgrade (running wazo-upgrade) , I took a snapshot of the virtual machine.
Upgrade went OK, with some notes on confirming the indications conf file,

The machine rebooted and came up ok, but in the PBX status it shows AGetty is down

Phones and Devices connected fine, but no functioning google voice. Incoming calls seemed to miss the PBX altogether, and outgoing end in a congestion message and in the logs mentions
Unable to create channel of type 'Motif'"

I'm not sure what got broke here.

Concerned that google voice was just done, i reverted to the previous snapshot, and it received and made calls using a google voice trunk fine again once reverted to the precious snapshot running 17.08

Any idea why upgrading to 17.09 now gives congestion and inability to create the motif channel?

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
I followed the instructions this time.

followed-instructions.png

still having the same congestion issue
[Jul 11 08:52:13] WARNING[19400][C-00000003]: channel.c:6256 ast_request: No channel type registered for 'Motif'
[Jul 11 08:52:13] WARNING[19400][C-00000003]: app_dial.c:2530 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Motif' (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
reverting back to 17.08 until I can figure out why it can no longer find channel type motif

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@ABSGINC: Try this after completing the upgrade...
Code:
 cd /tmp
 git clone https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-res-xmpp-oauth.git
 cd asterisk-res-xmpp-oauth
 make patch
 make
 make install
/etc/init.d/asterisk restart

ABSGINC

You can call me Scott.
Reaction score
GREAT TIP @wardmundy !

After following the regular upgrade procedure I also completed your addition below.

@ABSGINC: Try this after completing the upgrade...
Code:
 cd /tmp
 git clone https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-res-xmpp-oauth.git
 cd asterisk-res-xmpp-oauth
 make patch
 make
 make install
/etc/init.d/asterisk restart

This fixed issues with Motif / Google Voice calls. They are working again after the 17.09 upgrade. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into that issue. Thank you for the fast solution!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This only is necessary when there is an Asterisk upgrade in the new Wazo package.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lm2lm2
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.