QUESTION Upgrading Asterisk in Incrediblepbx 13-12

Quentin Vandermerwe

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently installed IncrediblePBX on a DigitalOcean droplet, using incrediblepbx13-12.2-ubuntu14.tar.gz, to replace an older PIAF PBX instance.

After setting up trunks and extensions, I ran into a problem where a call routed from another IncredibplePBX instance to this one via IAX would cause Asterisk to crash (in the pjsip library).

Before reporting the issue on the Asterisk issue tracker, I wanted to upgrade Asterisk to the latest release, which appears to be 13.8.2 (my installation runs 13.7.2), in case the issue has been fixed already.

However, I am not sure what is the best way to upgrade Asterisk cleanly. I came across a few threads in the forums referring to an asterisk update script which does not appear to exist on my distribution, and also manual upgrade instructions for a CentOS based distro, but I have not been able to find specific upgrade instructions pertaining to Asterisk 13 on Ubuntu.

Any help with performing the upgrade would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.