FOOD FOR THOUGHT Upgrades needed?

Hal_1

Reaction score
I am running Incredible 12.0.3 for Ubuntu 14 w/ Asterisk 12.6.1 and FreePBX 12.0.27

I know there have been updates to all of these - but I've not run any. Being as I am not really sure what I should be doing as regular maintenance

should I be doing apt-get update & upgrade regularly?
Should I be doing some other kind of updates for Incredible, Asterisk and FreeePBX regularly?

Thanks,

Hal

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi Hal_1,

do you log into the secure shell (ssh) regularly?

if so, the incrediblepbx update script should be running each time, and will keep all incrediblepbx parts up to date, there is also the option of paying $20 for yearly support, which is worth the money if you run incrediblepbx in a production environment.

please do not run apt-get commands as the above mentioned script will do this for you, and unless you see a warning apt-get is best avoided as it can break your install.

are you logging into the webgui and checking module admin, and have you filled in your email address by clicking on the top right logo of the frog with the shield so your box emails you about freepbx module updates?

Hal_1

Reaction score
I do not log in regularly- I do keep up to date on the admin...

I was having a problem with my install (which I have now realized isn't really a problem) and was searching- during those searches I noticed there were more "current" versions of things like Incredible PBX and FreePBX now being distributed- so I came to the thought "Should I be doing something to update this?"

For example 12.0.3 version of Incredible isn't the current version number.... I just don't know if I need to care about that.

Searching didn't help much- so here I am :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.