Updated PIAF 1755 load files

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
if I run mondo manually - and slect /backup for the destination - it runs thru - so I dunno what command it is spawning to test....

can you post that part here as the script is encrypted and i cant peek :(

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
ok, it just dawned on me that even when running manual - mindi does not recognize my boot loader. I am using grub4dos - which allows me to boot .iso images from the menu and have them mounted under a virtual cd-rom drive. I did this mainly to boot my arconis true image rescue image so i could do backups on my system when mondo was not working so great. Disadvantage of this method - i have to bring the server down to do it (manually) via doing it on a live system.

Guess I can reinstall grub if need be....

Guess I will have to figure out what to do with mindi so it knows about my boot loader.

When running manually - it does ask if I want to copy the boot loader sector by sector - is there a command line switch that i can add to have mindi do that via the script?

Thanks
Myk

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
when i run mindi manually - it completes without problem - so I need to know what mondo is passing to mindi to try and debug this

manual mindi.log attached

Attachments

• mindi.log.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 0

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
ok I figured out what I need to do for my situation.

Can we get a variable define in the conf file for optional params passed to mondo...?

I need to pass "-l RAW -f /dev/sda" for mindi to execute correctly and not fail....

Thanks
Myk

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
yes there is an update... I am still on vacation as is Ward. Will let you know when I get back and fire up the development environment

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.