Updated PIAF 1755 load files

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Hi All

Been a few updates and just pushed them our for the early adopters of PBX in a Flash 1.7.5.5. These updates are only for PIAF 1755. There are no plans to backport these features to earlier versions as the earlier versions still have almost all of the programs that the new PIAF does (albeit the old one has spelling errors!)

1. Updated load files with latest versions of libpri and dahdi

2. New program statustofile which will generate a text file containing much information about your system. This is useful when requesting support in the forums as you can attach a text file. This was released due to some users having problems getting screen captures of the status program. type statustofile -h for features.

3. Updated help-pbx to reflect the new programs

4. added install-hamachi and install-diskbackup to the load files.

5. install-hamachi has been rewritten slightly but it still uses the original version of hamachi until the latest version is more stable

6. install-diskbackup has been completely rewritten and now includes support for PogoPlug, rsync, and compressing the log files prior to email. I am still working on an updated install and configuration manual... (spelling mistakes and all) so be patient. In the meantime the old version of the manual will give you a path to follow. The real change is in the disk-backup.conf file and the location which is now /etc/pbx

7. updated the digiumsource.conf file with the latest paths/versions from Digium

8. I do have a new version of the changelog file but we are still trying to figure out where it should live

9. Still unable to duplicate the FOP problem on our lab systems at all. There has to be something that is being done on out there in PIAF land that we are not doing.

That is it for now will post to this thread when the new manual is available for install-diskbackup. If people would care to test it out and report back it would be most appreciated.

BTW to get the new programs run update-scripts

Tom

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
Help!!!

I am getting "unable to download the latest digiumsource.conf"
and my system is unusable?

What can I do?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
where are you experiencing this error? what were you trying to accomplish? what system are you running? What is the output of the statustofile command?

Tom

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
:)

Sorry about that... I was in a bit of a panic

The issue occurs at the final stage of the update-source routine.
After selecting R or U (both generate the message)

now Zap won't load :(

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
just ran it and worked fine. Look in the /etc/pbx folder and ensure that digiumsource.conf is there.

then try running update-souce again.

It appears you are running the update-source for 1755 although you have not stated so or included the requested file for technical support.

Tom

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
The file is in /etc/pbx and it is the latest version (as far as I can tell from the following link: http://nerdvittles.dreamhosters.com/pbxinaflash/1755/files/

And yes your assumption (It appears you are running the update-source for 1755) based on where I posted this and the fact that I stated "during the update-source routine" is correct :)

I have run update-source several times now since...It is stuck at that final stage.
I have also run update-scripts and update-fixes. But it has had no effect on the outcome on the update-source

I can however do a wget http://nerdvittles.dreamhosters.com/pbxinaflash/1755/files/digiumsource.conf But I am assuming that this is not the link used by the script.

If you are not having this issue then it must be some thing to do with the (fresh) install I just did... :(

I just thought that others may have the issue if it is a bad link in the update-source routine... or if the link was down.

I have given up for the night... (It's 1AM here) :(
I will however PM you a "statustofile" output in the morning :)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
unfortunately just because you post in a 1755 message thread doesn't mean it is for the 1755 product! Sorry but past experience has show that some people don't pay attention to thread content and post willy nilly thus the rationale for asking for a painfully detailed description in order to ensure a timely appropriate response.

I will review things in the update-source program and see if I can duplicate the problem. If I cannot then we will have to look at things external to the program to see what might be causing it.

BTW this is the first error report we have had for update-source 1755 gold.

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Just so. Still can't duplicate your problems so I rewrote the automated download of digiumsource.conf so it tried from a number of different mirrors and then it it still fails it will give you the option of hand downloading it and placing it in the appropriate folder and then continuing.

Not sure why you are having problems at all as it does not show up in any of the lab machines both real and virtual. Also if you have further problems it will now dump you into a network diagnostics screen...

run update-scripts then update-source and see what happens

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I tend to agree but who knows. I have access to a number of systems in different countries and none of them exhibit this problem except for the one in china and nothing works on that system. Everything from the china system is vpn'd etc etc. Crap you have to go thru with totalitarian states.... course the Western world is getting no better these days.

It was simpler to add the ability to do things manually and ignore the routing problem if that is what it was.

Tom

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
Works great this morning :)

I Did an Update-scripts & a Update-source

I did think it may have been a routing issue, so I had tried various things including a VPN.

Thanks Tom :)

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well when I was playing with all of the permutations in my head about what could go wrong with that chunk of code I decided there needed to be a failsafe built in. Plus I added multiple mirror downloading for that particular part which may account for it working. The original way only D/L from one of our sites.

Glad it works

(I had a few other updates to push out anyways .... he says mysteriously)

Tom

Lip

Reaction score
I had this exact issue at the exact same time. Was it an issue and it is now resolved?
I'm about to submit a large post with my issues but maybe I should try this again first? Then maybe I'll be able to add statustofile with my post...

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I perused your other post. You are running a pre 1.7.5.5 version of PIAF. This post only applies to PBX in a Flash 1.7.5.5

BTW there is no statustofile in pre PIAF 1755 builds.

Tom

Lip

Reaction score
I ran update-source and scripts (again today) to try to bring me up to 1.7.5.5 as I understood it should do, but no such luck for me.
It ends with the error gaijin mentioned, 'Sorry file could not download from digium' - I've got the exact error in my other post. Maybe that's normal?

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
The syntax of my error was very different.
Your error is the script trying to download the source files from Digium's servers

The error I had was attempting to download a "settings" file (for want of a better word) from the PBXinaFlash servers.

Regardless, Darmock has resolved the issue I was having now :)

My advice to you is to backup your settings and reinstall PIAF with the latest ISO (but I am no expert)

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
Hi All

6. install-diskbackup has been completely rewritten and now includes support for PogoPlug, rsync, and compressing the log files prior to email. I am still working on an updated install and configuration manual... (spelling mistakes and all) so be patient. In the meantime the old version of the manual will give you a path to follow. The real change is in the disk-backup.conf file and the location which is now /etc/pbx

my progress or lack of on diskbackup so far

status-output and disk-backup.con.log are attached

Nothing is ever created in /backup

if I run mindi manually - the boot image is created in /var/cache/mindi

Code:
root@pbxtcs:/var/cache/mindi $ ls -la
total 79M
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Aug  2 07:59 ./
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4.0K Jul 19 15:41 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  18M Aug  2 07:56 all.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  16M Aug  2 07:57 mindi-bootroot.16384.img
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  45M Aug  2 07:59 mindi.iso
Myk

Attachments

• status-output.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 3
  • disk-backup.cron.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 2

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
it appears as if you are trying to back up a proxmox or similar system is this true? If so then this could be the problem. I suppose that proxmox will require a different command line for the backup. I am away diving at the moment in the keys so it will have to wait till I get back. Look in the disk-backup.conf I seem to remember the actual command line is there which you could try to play with.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.