QUESTION Update from older PIAF?

bofh42

Reaction score
G'day!

since about two years I have a productive "Incredible PBX" on a RaspberryPi-2.

The login creen says:
"Incredible PBX 13-12.3 for Rapberry Pi 2"
"Asterisk 13.6.0 + Incredible GUI 12.0.30"
The system overview (Web GUI) says: "Incredible PBX 12.0.70"

Is this a "PBX in a Flash 3" or "PBX in a Flash 5" or something completely different?

Sorry, I always get very confused about your naming schema - I can never match the information from the running machine to the names and articles on the blog or here in the forum.

Well anyway, I would like to upgrade to this version: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=21255

As far as I understand, there are no updates at all any more for my existing installation?

Yes, that's for Rapberry Pi 3, so it's a hardware change. And a change from Rasbian 7 to Rabian 8.

But it's still Asterisk + FreePBX. Is there any way to migrate all my Asterisk-Settings (Extensions, Trunks, Inbound/Outbound routes, MoH data, voice mail settings, Conference Room setting...) from th existing installation to a new installation of this: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=21255 (or is that one outdated as well already?)

Obviously I don't want to do all the configuration again manually which takes at leats a complete wirking day if not more...

Or is there perhaps an half-automated update procedure or something like that?

Regards

Chris

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
If the Freepbx versions are the same you can use the backup/restore module, but if not it's manual. I do it using the bulk DID and bulk extensions modules (so that part isn't manual), then just have to program the trunks, routes and that kind of thing. It normally cuts the work down to 2 or 3 hours or so.

bofh42

Reaction score
The new installation is, according to the linked blog entry,
Asterisk 13.19.0 + FreePBX 13
Incredible PBX® 13-12

The current is
"Incredible PBX 13-12.3 for Rapberry Pi 2"
"Asterisk 13.6.0 + Incredible GUI 12.0.30"
The system overview (Web GUI) says: "Incredible PBX 12.0.70"

so Asterisk would be upgraded from 13.6.0 to 13.19.0 and FreePBX from 12.0.30 to 13.x.x, as far as I understand the naming convention.

It does not help to copy /etc/asterisk/* - or does it?

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
On your old machine

amportal ma download versionupgrade
amportal ma install versionupgrade

Go to the gui and 'follow the yellow brick road' to v 13 ,then backup/restore across machines, dont try and do anything else,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.