DEAL Unlimited Lifetime SIP Trunk $85 with free Sprint cellular service

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Cay1Fm0W8AAoRZ8.jpg

EXPIRES Sunday, March 13 at noon, PDT (Don't forget Daylight Savings Time!)

If you read the recent Nerd Vittles article on RingPlus, you already know that your RingPlus cellphone plan can also be used as a SIP trunk. SIP calls are treated just like cellphone calls meaning each minute is deducted from your bucket of monthly minutes. But here's where it gets interesting...

Starting NOW until Sunday (3/13), Member+ program participants (one-time $69.99 lifetime fee per line*) can switch to the Eternity Free Plan at the end of your current billing cycle (or just add a new line) for a one-time fee of $15 and enjoy unlimited U.S. calling, unlimited U.S. texting, and 1.8GB of 4G LTE data service on Sprint every month at zero cost. Data overages are $8.99 per gigabyte. Additional details here. If you want to use the Sprint backbone as a free SIP trunk, this is the best deal on the planet.

Be advised that the SIP service reliability has not been perfect as RingPlus is working on their infrastructure. But outbound calling is now working and incoming SIP calling to Asterisk or SIP phones on the public Internet works. However, incoming calls to servers or SIP phones sitting behind a router on a private LAN still fail unless you forward UDP 5060 to the private LAN address of your Asterisk server or SIP phone registered directly with RingPlus. Complete details here.

Cellular service has been 100% reliable with outstanding call quality if you happen to be in a Sprint coverage area. SIP calls do NOT flow through your cellphone. You'll get a direct connection to the Sprint backbone so Sprint cellular coverage really doesn't matter for SIP calling.

Status of RingPlus services is now available here

* Member+ fee is per line, not per account. Lifetime offer on Member+ also expires on March 13!

Attachments

• RingPlus-Eternity-Terms.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
RingPlus made some changes in their SIP setup with FreeSwitch so you'll have to adjust your Trunk settings a bit by adding the icesupport=no entry:

CdbqwemW8AAwsE4.jpg

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looks like they removed it. Try here for Plan Details.

Better yet. Go to the RingPlus Plans page and sign up for Truly Free Plan, add Member+ Lifetime Subscription from the Buy Add Ons icon in your new plan's Dashboard, then upgrade to the Eternity Plan using the Upgrade Plan icon in your Dashboard.

CdR2Sw7W8AARY4T.jpg

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just a heads up that, if you're on the fence about RingPlus, this is the last week to sign up for the Lifetime Member+ program at $99. After Sunday, it's $99 per year in addition to the cost of whatever plan you choose. Some plans will be free, and some won't. But all of the better Member+ plans will require an annual subscription to Member+, or you lose your plan unless you're a Lifetime Member+ Plan member. Details of current $15 2/2/2 promotion running through Friday are here.* Lots of rules. Read carefully!

* With 2,000 monthly U.S. calling minutes, this week's plan remains an excellent bargain for those that want a SIP trunk on Sprint's Internet backbone at minimal lifetime cost: $99 + $15. This plan also supports tethering at $5.99/month with each additional 1GB of 4G LTE data at $8.99/month.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ends in 1 hour 15 minutes...

Flash Promo:

For non-Member+ new Lines and Member+ upgrade

Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 10AM Pacific until 1 PM Pacific

$0/month: 3,000 minutes, 3,000 texts, and 3,000MB (full speed LTE)

(Tethering $5.99 per month available as an Add On.)

A $25 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $25 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Overages will be at the rate of 2¢ per unit of talk, text and data (overage data will be full speed).

This Plan is for New Lines and Member+ Upgrades Only. (Not for non-Member+ upgrades)

*Social requirement: We kindly ask that you do 1 thing:

Please post a review of your favorite restaurant at https://social.ringplus.net/categories/review-dine-out

(Please do a search in the forum to see if the restaurant you are going to review all ready has a review thread. If it does, please just post your review as an additional post to that thread. If not, please start a new thread for reviews of the restaurant.)

That’s it, you’re all done!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

The PrePaid Phone loophole is going away on April 17. This means you will no longer be able to activate a BoostMobile, Virgin Mobile, or other Sprint MVNO's branded PrePaid Phone on RingPlus until that phone has been in service for at least one year on the original MVNO's network. Phones that already are activated before that date will not be affected unless you deactivate the phone for some reason, e.g. international travel with a different SIM. Full details here.

As we noted in the original Nerd Vittles article, you are much safer buying a phone directly from RingPlus or buying an unlocked Sprint post-paid (a.k.a. expensive) phone from either Best Buy or the Apple Store.

Our rant about this on DSL Reports for those that are interested:
Having just wrestled with Sprint for a week trying to acquire Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge devices to use with RingPlus (impossible even at full retail if not for Best Buy), I continue to be amazed by the lengths to which Sprint will go to shoot itself and its own MVNOs and resellers in the foot. Gotta say they're just as bad if not worse than they were 20 years ago. What this new policy really does is increase the number of electronic devices that will end up in landfills when they could have been put to constructive use in the mobile community and assisted in stemming Sprint's perpetual red ink. While I love RingPlus and what they're attempting to accomplish, I'm afraid they've hitched their wagon to a bunch of idiots who will be lucky to survive this final nail in their coffin. We'll have a report on iPhone SE compatibility this Friday! /rant

Last edited:

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

The PrePaid Phone loophole is going away on April 17. This means you will no longer be able to activate a BoostMobile, Virgin Mobile, or other Sprint MVNO's branded PrePaid Phone on RingPlus until that phone has been in service for at least one year on the original MVNO's network. Phones that already are activated before that date will not be affected unless you deactivate the phone for some reason, e.g. international travel with a different SIM. Full details here.

As we noted in the original Nerd Vittles article, you are much safer buying a phone directly from RingPlus or buying an unlocked Sprint post-paid (a.k.a. expensive) phone from either Best Buy or the Apple Store.

Our rant about this on DSL Reports for those that are interested:

I looked at BB the had several Boost, Virgin phones under $39.99 The best they had was a Boost Galaxy PREVAIL LTE does anyone have expedience with this model on Ring+ or with the phone?

TIA

Jeff

phinphan

Reaction score
Just bought a Huawei Union phone for $22 at BB and it works fine with Ringplus. Great deal for a throwaway phone.

Is there any way to make it an extension on the phone system as opposed to a trunk. I would love for it to be an extension for making and receiving calls under the office phone system. I dont want to use a voip client, I would rather use their SIP servie if possible.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Another blockbuster sale coming this afternoon (Sunday) at 3 p.m. EDT for 3-1/2 hours only. 3,000 talk minutes, 3,000 SMS messages, and 3GB of data at a monthly fee of $0.00 with a $25 deposit. New lines only. Works perfectly with Apple's new Sprint-model iPhone SE 16GB/64GB for $399/$499. Also works with Best Buy's cheapo Boost Mobile prepaid phones as long as you never disconnect them from the Sprint network. After April 17, you will no longer be able to reconnect the prepaid phones without using them for a full year with Boost Mobile.

NOTE: These accounts can also be used as a pure SIP trunk at no additional cost!

qtlnx

Reaction score
Does anyone have DTMF working with RingPlus trunk? My stand alone SIP client works with dtmf=inband but PIAF SIP trunk does not. If I switch outgoing route from RingPlus to GoogleVoice then DTMF works fine.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Does anyone have DTMF working with RingPlus trunk? My stand alone SIP client works with dtmf=inband but PIAF SIP trunk does not. If I switch outgoing route from RingPlus to GoogleVoice then DTMF works fine.

Requires RFC2833 if I recall correctly.

qtlnx

Reaction score
Requires RFC2833 if I recall correctly.
Stand alone SIP client does not work with RFC2833, only inband. Your screenshot does not mention dtmf line. If you still use RP, please check actual settings. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.