DEAL Under $100 6-line Color Bluetooth Phone

nightstryke

Reaction score
I just got mine in this afternoon! :D
Now to figure out how to use the Commercial Endpoint Manager with them. :cheers2:

imekul

Reaction score
I've been looking into these phones, and was wondering how they're faring these days? Have firmware updates solved most of the problems or the feeling that the phone is "half-baked"? For the price, the phones look very appealing.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Others can chime in, but I use them and have been very happy with the price / performance of them. The issues with the firmware is primarily around the fact that they're advertised to handle open XML code and as of yet Ward reports that they're still not completely compliant, so the wonderful XML code that he's done for some of the phones doesn't quite work on them yet. 99% of apps don't use XML anyhow, so for normal things, I think they work fine. They even have the one button click to Park a call, and the calls on hold display who's on hold and the call time.

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
I have installed a couple systems using the 2160's and their new little brother the 2130 (8 BLF keys, smaller color display, but sadly no Bluetooth). I had a few issues with config changes not taking effect, but a quick flash to the latest firmware and all was well. Grandstream's build quality and subjective quality "feel" have improved dramatically in the last couple years and I have started using them almost exclusively.

Mike_S

Reaction score
I am in the process of adding (5) of this in one of our satellite offices. All in all I'm very happy with the features, look and feel for the price point.

There are some shortcoming. For example, you can program one of the 6 line key as "Park Call" but the LCD doesn't display the keys while on a call. I have not tried customizing the 5 soft keys yet. The web GUI allows customization of 3 of them. I don't know if this is in addition to or in place of the existing assignments.

The XML programming guide is released. I found it here:http://www.dlx-tech.com/21xxXML.zip
Any chance we could breathe some life into getting the XML apps ported?

markieb

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know that the smaller 2130 that didn't have Bluetooth has now been replaced with the 2130 v2 which has Bluetooth.

The firmware has come on leaps and bounds since I first commented last year and the 2130 v2 are proving to be one of my favourite phone at the moment.

There's talk as of yesterday, that an internal beta firmware is available on request only, that allows you to change the screensaver images (don't get confused with background image), but I've not seen or heard any other feedback yet.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
@wardmundy have you looked at this phone in a while? The firmware now with a beta of 1.0.9.60 is much advanced over where it used to be. I especially like the Monitored Call Parking where you can park a call to a specific parking slot. The knock I have now is that in a busy environment, people want to know who is parked on slot 1 vs. 2, etc.

I'd love (IE Pay for) the ability for these phones to have the visual call park that was once done on Yealink. Would you be willing to see if that code will be able to work yet on them?

Reaction score
How many times have we seen some nice hardware but the software stinks... The hardware software development gap on sets like this always amazes me. In contrast Yealink is a big operation and has extensive documentation standards.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@wardmundy have you looked at this phone in a while? The firmware now with a beta of 1.0.9.60 is much advanced over where it used to be. I especially like the Monitored Call Parking where you can park a call to a specific parking slot. The knock I have now is that in a busy environment, people want to know who is parked on slot 1 vs. 2, etc.

I'd love (IE Pay for) the ability for these phones to have the visual call park that was once done on Yealink. Would you be willing to see if that code will be able to work yet on them?

I can't get that phone back. My wife loves it. :wub:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
email me your address and I'll send one up :)

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
@briankelly63 Yes, I've spoken to them a couple of times now and they seem to be pretty responsive. I didn't like how if you have an inbound call when you are dialing a number that it would cancel your dialing, so they've made a setting for that. This is big when you have lots of phones that ring a lot. I'm working with them on a s/w bug I've found and they're working with me having wireshark to see exactly what the phone is seeing. I'm planning on meeting with them on Thursday at ITexpo in S. Florida. Last time I met with them at a show I told them their biggest issue was s/w and the language gap they had. I know they've now hired some people from americas that speak english and can communicate better.

Once you get more than 2 parking spaces used at the same time, people remembering who is on first, does become an Abbot and Costello comedy act. Phones really need a method of knowing who's in the parking lot - IE - an XML app that will show you.

You guys should check out the monitored call park feature for BLF's ... one touch park and retrieve to a specific parking spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cajeptha
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.