NO JOY Unable to make outbound calls - No Audio!

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
I'm running Incredible PBX 11.12.0 on a Cubox (Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS) and have had no issues for about a year. Yesterday the customer called and said they can make receive calls just fine but there is no audio when making an outbound call. Additionally, if they try to make a call when they hang up the call is often placed again a few seconds later. They are using a vitelity trunk and have a static IP. Where do I start looking? Reboots of the server and phones did not help.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

No way or one way audio is almost always caused by either NAT issues or Codec mismatches.

At the Asterisk CLI, do:-

core set verbose 7
core set debug 7

Now make a call and look for clues as to the problem in the Asterisk console.

To quieten down the logging when done:-

core set verbose 0
core set debug 0

Joe

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
To expand on Joe's thoughts, if the server is local to the phone, NAT should be NO. If it is not, NAT should be YES or KEEP ALIVE or AUTO.

Check if the codecs you are using on the server are the same as used on the phone.

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I visited the site, rebooted the system (a few times), made a few failed calls and then strangely it started working again. This location has been a PITA for a while now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.