NEW Ultimate Sandbox in the Cloud

emersonvier

Reaction score
What Icon, Ward?

Your article says "To get started, you’ve got to cough up your $10.50 at Cloud at Cost using coupon code TAKE70. Once you’ve signed up, CloudAtCost will send you credentials to log into the Cloud at Cost Management Portal."

I never received any credential email; have sent emails to them but no replies.

w1ve
I have the same problem. I'm open TICKET, wait 4 days, Now I have LOGIN/PASSWORD but in my my account I dont have any server.

I open new TICKET last friday, I'm still waiting......

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
w1ve
I have the same problem. I'm open TICKET, wait 4 days, Now I have LOGIN/PASSWORD but in my my account I dont have any server.

You have to create your server. Click on the CloudPro button.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
w1ve

emersonvier

Reaction score
I know, I did.

You don't have enough CPU to build a new server!
You have 0 CPU's free and you need at least 1.
This shows your CloudPRO resources you purchased as well as your usage. You can add as many servers as you want until you consume all your resources. If you don't have enough resources you can purchase more resources by clicking "Buy Resources".

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Miracle of miracles! I finally got my login info... building my server now... let's see what happens...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Things go whacko every time there is another announced fire sale. :shuriken:

emersonvier

Reaction score
Now I have my server, but....
I follow the WARDMUNDY steps http://nerdvittles.com/?p=16791
Datacenter: Developer-DC-2
vCPU: 1 vCPU
RAM: 512MB
Storage: 10GB
OS Type:Cent OS 6.7

After few minutes

I have 98% RAM used.
I reeboot server, still the same way....

--------------------------------------------
I solve.... I click in NETWORK TEST and now I have 22% RAM used

SNAGHTML13645381.PNG

Last edited:

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Fun (NOT) so far...

Tried to build a server on DC1... Took 8 hours to even build it.
Then, I could not SSH into it.

So, tried building a 1GB server on DC2 -- success in about 10 minutes!
SSH'ed to server.

yum update took about 15 minutes (vs !5 - 30 seconds on Wable or DO)

Then, tried to install the kernel update prereq for latest Centos IncrediblePBX update... went to reboot... and that was the end of the server.
It rebooted, but the network was dead.

So, now I'm trying two different 512K ones, also on DC2, which seems to respond faster.

Guess it's ok for hacking around, but that's about it.

mbellot

Reaction score
I had similar problems with CentOS on CaC. They would take forever to create, couldn't ssh in from the get go or would lose connectivity after some random period of time.

I finally gave up and created an Ubuntu instance and haven't had a problem with it in over two weeks of "continuous" operation (it's up all the time, but sees very little actual usage).

Even during the weekend when they were hammered because of the latest sale it kept humming along.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
My experience creating Ubuntu 14.04 servers -- even the minimum 512/1CPU/10G version -- has been fine; well worth the price of admission. I'm sticking with that OS because "it works" and it works fine with IPBX and everything else I throw at it.

As @wardmundy said, and as I have also said previously, things go to hell in terms of creating a server during the firesales. But the 3 servers of various sizes that I had in-place and up-and-running before the firesale poked along just fine.

Just appreciate that you get what you pay for (although I personally think it can be "such a deal"), and that it really helps to understand the limits/idiosyncrasies of the beast. Overall I'm quite happy after 1.5+ years of use, and I totally think I have gotten my money's worth. Mission critical/production applications? No way; don't even think of going there. A personal PBX; a personal webserver; a file server or torrent box? Perfect...

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
LOL... Since these posts, I tried Ubuntu ... and much better luck.
For now, I built an AG-Projects SylkServer on one... Very nice conference server. working fine, install went fine.

So I'll try a PBX on another Ubuntu server. Just playing around... all production stuff on other vendors.

No real complaints for the price -- heck, how can you complain? Just have to figure out the secret sauce of what works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.