I HAVE A DREAM uaCSTA servers available (???)

Pjbrown

Reaction score
The latest firmware upgrade on my yealink T46G states that it supports uaCSTA.

After some reading, this seems pretty cool. Do any of the free (as in free beer) servers provide a uaCSTA
interface?

What about a Browser based control interface that uses uaCSTA or a Mac Client with such support.

I haven't checked out the technology, so maybe I'm a little off the mark, but it seems to me that this interface can be used to control my phone's state and actions from a server or (more to my liking) an app on my Mac or a web interface running on my Mac.

To me, the holy-grail is being able to dial out from my computer, and have my actual phone make the call (say on speaker phone), and to be able to control my phone's functions from a software interface.

Pjbrown

Reaction score
That looks like it might be decent, but their data centers are all in France, and they are a cloud service, so that makes it a non-started for me. I believe that your hosted provider's data center should be geographically near your main location, and have a fast connection with low network latency and low jitter.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.