TUTORIAL U Need Travelin' Man

blueskiesokie

Reaction score
yea. thats what i have typo in post. but after further checking the sip_custom_post.conf file had a typo in the beginning that was commenting out 501.inc it looks like
Code:
;placeholder for future expansion PIAF Dev Team#include 501.inc
#include 701.inc
#include 702.inc
was what in the file. It should've been the following, correct?
Code:
;placeholder for future expansion PIAF Dev Team
#include 501.inc
#include 701.inc
#include 702.inc
The log files show that it now processes 501.inc .
Haven't got to check it yet as i have no remote access here at home. :crazy:
BTW, my remote extension is 501.
Before this edit my log was showing
Code:
[2010-07-07 09:37:40] VERBOSE[3123] logger.c: Found
[2010-07-07  09:37:40] VERBOSE[3123] logger.c:   == Parsing  '/etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf': [2010-07-07 09:37:40]  VERBOSE[3123] logger.c: Found
[2010-07-07 09:37:40] VERBOSE[3123]  logger.c:   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/701.inc': [2010-07-07 09:37:40]  VERBOSE[3123] logger.c: Found
and after
Code:
[2010-07-07 09:44:22] VERBOSE[3393] logger.c:   == Parsing  '/etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf': [2010-07-07 09:44:22]  VERBOSE[3393] logger.c: Found
[2010-07-07 09:44:22] VERBOSE[3393]  logger.c:   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/501.inc': [2010-07-07 09:44:22]  VERBOSE[3393] logger.c: Found
[2010-07-07 09:44:22] VERBOSE[3393]  logger.c:   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/701.inc': [2010-07-07 09:44:22]  VERBOSE[3393] logger.c: Found

sptrsn

Reaction score
Almost there with Travelinman

I think I'm really close on this.
Inside my firewall, with the domain set to the local ip of the pbxiaf, it works great. I can make calls. All good.

Coming in from outside... no sound!

Using Bria on iPhone4, it registers, can hear the phone ringing when I make calls and ring extensions, but when you answer I have no audio.
I tried changing turning ICE off per the nervittles blog post, as well as every other conceivable combination of settings.

I've turned off wifi, enabled 3g to force it to come in from the outside.

Firewall is set per the post. tcp 83, udp 5060, udp 10000..20000 all point at the internal ip of the pbx.
The bookmark on the iPhone to authorize your current ip address seems to work just fine. Message says "Permit=ipaddress/netmask enabled for #501" (Very cool by the way)

After making a call (and not hearing anything), I get an error msg from Bria. "Phone Error Request Timeout (408)"

Anyone have any idea where to go from here?
Thanks,

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try a different public STUN server. :wink5: What type router/firewall do you have? That's usually the culprit. Think: dLink dLink dLink dLink dLink dLink dLink dLink

sptrsn

Reaction score
Firewall is Netgear FVS318v3.
Is there a list of available stun servers somewhere?
Just tried stun.xten.com. That didn't work.

Perhaps I'll pick up a Dlink firewall today. Which do you recommend?
I have others in stock.
1. Cisco PIX
2. Linksys WRT54G flashed with Tomato. (using this for wifi only. It fixed the iPad wifi connection issue)

Thanks.

sptrsn

Reaction score
Counterpath support is taking a look at the logs and settings.
If they don't get it pretty quick. Dlink it is!

I'll report back with results.

Thanks Ward.

sptrsn

Reaction score
I purchased a new Dlink DIR-655 and config'd it.
Still can't get it to give me audio. I can make an inbound call, it rings the phones, but there is no audio when you answer it.
You cannot call from one of the Astra phones inside the firewall out to extension 501, which is the iphone. It won't ring through.

The only thing that is a little wonky at the moment....I have the new Dlink router in the DMZ on my old firewall and I plugged the pbx into the dlink. If I understand this, that dlink is now wide open, which is fine, cuz it's a firewall. I gave it a fixed ip and the pbx is fixed. I can't imagine why this would cause it not to work. I'll change it later when nobody is on.

I've also tried putting the pbx in the DMZ with the same result.

I hope Counterpath can come up with something for me.

sptrsn

Reaction score
I got it. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what fixed it. Here is the list of everything I did...after updating the pbx and installing the Travelin' Man script.

Bought a Dlink DIR-655. (Very nice by the way. $89 at Fry's)
I actually have the Dlink set in the DMZ of the netgear, with the pbx plugged into it. (Will set it as the primary later tonight)

I created a virtual server in the Dlink for web to come in on port 83 for the Travelin' Man web permission update tool. This part worked flawlessly from the start. It points the permission at extension 501, so that's what I used. Haven't tried other extensions.

Under port forwarding, I forwarded port 5060 and 10000-20000 to the fixed internal IP of the pbx. I have it as two entries.

On the Bria Iphone client, under account settings, I have "user" as "501", the password is the "Secret" entry under extension 501. I've used both my fixed IP and domain name as the domain. Both worked.
Under advanced settings, strategy is "user specified". The only change was that I turned off ICE per Ward's post.

Call quality is pretty good on wifi and 3g is not quite as good, but not horrid. I haven't done anything with QOS, and haven't tried the G729 codec, which supposedly will help on 3g connections.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Ward!

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
why is this restricted to incredible dist only? it will not work on the 1755 distro and I dont wall the whole bag of tricks on incredible (dont get me wrong - good setup - just dont need it all).......

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it. My concern is security. Incredible PBX is locked down. PIAF is not.

Not suggesting you would do this, but...

When some dufus installs this on PIAF and leaves gaping security holes and then his server blows up, he'll be pointing the bony finger at us suggesting we said it was safe.

I've tried to document what each piece does and also provided downloads of most of the critical components so it would be pretty simple to roll your own.

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
how about a big warning/cause/effect screen and still let ppls accept the warning and continue anyways - this way you got your six covered when they accept it without incred being installed.

it did allow installation on non incred systems at one time.... :(

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I have the same problem but I am behind a sonic wall firewall so the D-Link is not an option. I opened the correct ports. The phone registers but when I dial the other phone it rings but there is no audio. I used both the 3x phone and sipdroid with the same problem.I get the following error
"WARNING[2032] chan_sip.c: Maximum retries exceeded on transmission cakZkinUTlOXpXRfGSp2kxFc6f0j2FeC for seqno 23507 (Critical Response) -- See doc/sip-retransmit.txt."

Any suggestions?
Thank in advance,

Jeff
I purchased a new Dlink DIR-655 and config'd it.
Still can't get it to give me audio. I can make an inbound call, it rings the phones, but there is no audio when you answer it.
You cannot call from one of the Astra phones inside the firewall out to extension 501, which is the iphone. It won't ring through.

The only thing that is a little wonky at the moment....I have the new Dlink router in the DMZ on my old firewall and I plugged the pbx into the dlink. If I understand this, that dlink is now wide open, which is fine, cuz it's a firewall. I gave it a fixed ip and the pbx is fixed. I can't imagine why this would cause it not to work. I'll change it later when nobody is on.

I've also tried putting the pbx in the DMZ with the same result.

I hope Counterpath can come up with something for me.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I guess I will see if I can run a second network to a D-Link.

Thanks!

Jeff

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Since I to beat a dead dog:wink5: I changed the outside IP address to make sure there is no other confilcts with three ports. I delated the travelman folder and re ran the script.

After the re install the script still used the old ip address. Where is this coming from and can I get it to use the new ip address?

Thanks and have a great weekend

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Check the ownership and permissions on the .inc files in /etc/asterisk. For each extension you've enabled, they should be asterisk:asterisk 664. Then make sure all of your extension.inc files are included in sip_custom_post.conf.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I got the Travelin' Man to work with my sonicwall!:smile5: Now I have found another problem. When I use thethe travelin' man from a new IP, The file 501.inc is changed to the new ip. My sip droid still registers and allows calls on the droid IP. I thought the old ip is void after the Travein'Man is run from a new IP. BTW I am running the the Incredable PBX on an Everex green machine not an atom processor.

Thanks,

Jeff

dandy_don

Reaction score
Ward,

First -- Thanks in advance!
I have traveling man setup and it works when I'm at home and behind the firewall (wbr-2310). When I'm outside and looking in, I can register, can dial phones, etc., but there is no audio going in either direction. I've tried two different softphones and have it setup to use a stun server when I'm outside looking into my pbx. I have the g711 codecs enabled. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Don

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I got the Travelin' Man to work with my sonicwall!:smile5: Now I have found another problem. When I use thethe travelin' man from a new IP, The file 501.inc is changed to the new ip. My sip droid still registers and allows calls on the droid IP. I thought the old ip is void after the Travein'Man is run from a new IP. BTW I am running the the Incredable PBX on an Everex green machine not an atom processor.

Thanks,

Jeff

In FreePBX, check the Deny and Permit settings on the actual extension being used:

deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit = 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

Change 192.168.0.0 to your private LAN subnet obviously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.