QUESTION Trying to add paging timeout

Tidder

Reaction score
I have an Incredible PBX 13-13.10 on centOS 7 VM. Trying to figure out how to add a time limit to a paging group. I found some info here on what implementation would look like: https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-cmd-page/ but I can't figure out where I'd actually add the line "exten => 7999,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=60)" or, in my case, "exten => 700,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=10)".

I see references to including app-pagegroups-custom but I can't find that in any of the config files.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Often on these things, you need to find the original, and then people just make it "custom" for an override. If you look through the configs, you will find "app-pagegroups" in extensions_additional.conf ... this is a file created by FreePBX. so you can't edit it - or it will be overwritten whenever FreePBX reloads. check the file extensions_custom.conf ... there you can write to the file and FreePBX will leave it alone.

Tidder

Reaction score
Got it. So in extensions_custom.conf do I create a section called [app-pagegroups-custom] and add it there? Or just [app-pagegroups] and it knows anything there overrides extensions_additional.conf? Sorry, I haven't had to do much with CLI config so I'm not entirely sure how these interact with each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.