TRY THIS Trying Backup/Restore of IncrediblePi 3.11 to 2nd Raspberry Pi

digitalalias

Reaction score
Hi all,
I love my new VOIP lines and got a 2nd Raspberry Pi in case my first one broke and to have it as a quick spare.
I wanted to duplicate everything about the SD card from one to the other. Under the Admin menu, I ran a full Backup, and it completed fine. I setup the new Pi with a fresh install of IncrediblePi.

The first snag I encountered was when I used the "Upload a backup file to restore from it." The backup file would upload fine, but it never showed up as an option to finish the restore. I had to enable Samba on each to copy the file from the old Pi's "/var/spool/asterisk/backup/(backupjobname)/*.tgz" to the new Pi. And then did "Local Storage Restore" from the Admin menu on the new Pi.

During the Restore in the pop-up window, I received tons of instances of "Cannot open: File exists", but everything seems to be configured except the Incredible Fax.

Is this what others are doing? Or should I be using rsync instead to ensure a 1:1 backup? Or maybe something else?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Jos50

Reaction score
I did a complete backup of my Pi with " HDD Raw Copy Tool " and it work great.
The program is free.
You can save it on a file "SDcard.imgc" and copy it later.

digitalalias

Reaction score
I did a complete backup of my Pi with " HDD Raw Copy Tool " and it work great.
The program is free.
You can save it on a file "SDcard.imgc" and copy it later.

Thanks a bunch!
This works like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.