SOLVED Trusted Call Connect

Reaction score
There is a device in the UK called TrueCall which blocks spam phone calls. It does a little more than that actually, allowing certain tiers of service.

This got me thinking. How workable would it be to have a 'trusted call' connect service activated/deactivated with a * code on the handset? Night workers who want to sleep in the day at home with this, but still want to get urgent calls routed to them (school, family mobile phones etc) could set up different tiers of service to allow certain numbers and block all others sending them to voicemail.

They could then activate this, nuisance callers go to voicemail, urgent calls get through, the person gets a decent sleep without being unnecessarily disturbed and when they wake up they dial another * code to deactivate it and allow all calls.

This service could potentially work on an extension-by-extension basis, or if you have a ring group set to call all phones (as I do at home) it could be applied to a trunk and route all specified calls where you wanted depending if the service was active or not.

Multiple tiers could operate (let's say *301 for all calls routed to voicemail apart from those in a white list, *302 selects a different white list, *305 deactivates all tiers of service and routes calls as normal).

A further TrueCall feature I believe is when a person calls without any caller ID it is routed to voicemail, a message tells them the call is not being answered as there is no caller ID, it invites the person to key in their telephone number for presentation or go straight to voicemail if they don't wish to do this.

Here is the product on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002GP7HQM and a review - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/fixed-line-phone-accessories/truecall-621533/review

Has anything like this been developed, and if not how easy would it be to produce?

Reaction score
I was thinking this would probably be something that interested you Lorne, it fits in kind of well with the work of Superfecta. What puts me off about doing this manually is the effort to structure MySQL (which I'm rubbish at) but I'd also like it to go one step further and allow the activation/deactivation by feature codes (and maybe things like blocking all calls apart from trusted numbers between certain times at night too).

I reckon it's likely to be quite a big job to do but my next question would be how interested would people be with this type of service?

PBX@Home

Reaction score
Is there a handy place to see the tables and column names? I may have some time to write some SQL (which I hope MySQL understands). IIF I write the queries, would someone else here know what to do with them?

Reaction score
Very interesting. Developing this one step further, how practical would this be to allow time based rules, and adding a feature code to turn this on/off?

steve54301

Guru
Reaction score
Spam phone calls control is what prompted me to start messing with Asterisk in the first place.

I started with a SPA-3000 on my POTS line. My default route went to voice mail, and I set some area codes using wildcard-white listed along with other numbers. This was great. Then it got better, ways to subscribe to spam lists (like http://whocalled.us/about) if you didn't want to do all the white listing.

I always hoped there would be a way to configure caller id superfecta to look at your google contacts for caller id name fill-in and for inbound white list routing etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.