QUESTION Trunks on External and Extension on Internal

Joe Tennies

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be a blatently obvious answer when I see it, but I haven't been able to find it and my Google Fu isn't turning up what I'm looking for.

I set up an IncrediblePBX 13-13 on HiFormance that also has OpenVPN working. I'd like to set it up such that the Extensions can only connect in from the OpenVPN interface (which is marked as the local one under Settings/ Asterisk SIP Settings). I don't really care that the trunk only comes over the External connection (which is also set in the external part under Settings/ Asterisk SIP Settings), but I'd think it should be possible.

To be more specific, if I use the external IP as the SIP server on the VOIP Phone, I should not be able to connect into the IncrediblePBX machine. It should only work over OpenVPN.

As I said, it's likely obvious and I'm just missing it.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Deny/Permit statements in the Extension programming, Deny 0.0.0.0, allow OpenVPN subnet.

PS: This is using CHAN_SIP, PJSIP may have something different.

PPS: You will have to look up the deny statement, I don't think 0.0.0.0 is correct.

Last edited:

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Deny 0.0.0.0 is correct, that Denies all. Followed by 0.0.0.0 which allows all. Change the Allow statement and you are good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.