TIPS Trunk unavailable fail over

mattseymour

Reaction score
I have a number of trunks configured, and an outbound route that uses three of them.

Today the preferred route died (seems their entire system crapped out) however despite Asterisk not being able to register with that trunk, the routes using it still attempt to use the dead trunk and don't fail over. I got a no answer message.

If I set 'continue if busy' then, after a very long pause the call completes with the next trunk.

This seems unintuitive to me. I essentially want an unavailable trunk to cause an immediate fail over to the next trunk, without the caller knowing.

Is this possible?

mattseymour

Reaction score
Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll give that a try tomorrow, assuming they're still down.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Also, I found in 2.10 there was a problem with this. I had to upgrade to 2.11 to get it to go away. So, maybe status output would be helpful for comparative purposes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.