TIPS Trunk not working for incoming calls on Raspberry Pi but works on other platforms

markCFU

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm experiencing a strange issue, maybe you guys will be able to shed some light for me.

I made the decision to make the transission to voip at our hotel, before I descoverd Nerd Vittles articles I installed the FreePBX Distro on a spare machine and took it from there.

I initially started experimenting with IncrediblePBX on the Amazon EC2 platform, got my trunks & extensions set up and after reading the excellent how to article I decided to buy a Raspberry Pi.

Ive manually copy-pasted my settings over and everything is perfect except for one trunk (all the others are fine) the tunk is provided by a greek Voip company called Omnivoice. the trunk works flawlessly on the initial FreePBX machine & on the Amazon IncrediblePBX instalation but when its registered to the Raspberry Pi i simply get an busy tone when I try to call it.

When I log into the Trunk providers website and go to the status page I see the following;
useragent: FPBX-2.11.0(11.3.0)
profile: internal
IP: My IP
Port: 61000 (This changes on each restart)
Hostname: sip1.omnivoice.eu

The fully working EC's status page looks like this;
useragent: FPBX-2.11.0(11.2.1)
profile: internal
IP: EC2 IP
Port: 5060
Hostname: sip1.omnivoice.eu
ok

Im guessing its some form of NAT or Firewall issue, the Raspberry Pi handles something different to how other platforms handle things? anyone got any ideas?

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Is there any chance you left your router still forwarding ports to your "old" PBX IP address??

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Additionally, some services may not allow you to have multiple registrations for the same service. Try disabling the Amazon 'version' and then restarting the Pi.

Andrew

markCFU

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

Ive not got any port forwarding set up & the provider allows upto 5 sub-accounts so each of my devices have their own username password.

the "port 61000" in place of 5060 i think must have something to do with it, does the Raspberry Pi handle NAT differently or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.