Trouble with Lenny

dallas

Reaction score
I have setup a custom extension on my Incredible PBX 4.11.3 for RasPBX. I used the same setting from the Incredible PBX 13.0.192.19 build.
When I dial 53669 from any extension - internal or external - the call to Lenny answers and I can hear him.
When I route an incomming call to extension 53669 the call connects and there is silence.

This is part of the Asterisk CLI for a call from extension 703 to 53669.
-- Executing [s@macro-dial-one:43] Dial("SIP/703-0000008a", "SIP/[email protected],,trI") in new stack
== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Called SIP/[email protected]
-- SIP/sip2sip.info-0000008b answered SIP/703-0000008a
> 0xb65d8b90 -- Probation passed - setting RTP source address to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000

This is the same part on the CLI for a call arriving on a SIP trunk terminating on 53669.
-- Executing [s@macro-dial-one:43] Dial("SIP/09564350-0000008c", "SIP/[email protected],,tr") in new stack
== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Called SIP/[email protected]
-- SIP/sip2sip.info-0000008d answered SIP/09564350-0000008c

Any suggestions on where I go from here to resolve this?

frostybtc

Reaction score
I would suggest looking at media reinvite as it sounds like an issue with media redirection/ possible nat issue with audio streams and your incoming trunk provider. I could post the exact changes if needed in a few hours when I get back to my laptop that I had to make.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@dallas Simple solution, but not obvious: Put the Lenny extension (53669) in "Extension List" of a ring group by itself. But, be sure to add a "#" to the extension number in the group, i.e., 53669#

Then, direct the incoming route to the ring group instead of the extension number. Works!

The "#" is needed because the number is considered to be "external" to your PBX.

/Pete./

dallas

Reaction score
I would suggest looking at media reinvite as it sounds like an issue with media redirection/ possible nat issue with audio streams and your incoming trunk provider. I could post the exact changes if needed in a few hours when I get back to my laptop that I had to make.

@frostybtc Thanks. I'd appreciate that.

dallas

Reaction score
@dallas Simple solution, but not obvious: Put the Lenny extension (53669) in "Extension List" of a ring group by itself. But, be sure to add a "#" to the extension number in the group, i.e., 53669#

Then, direct the incoming route to the ring group instead of the extension number. Works!

The "#" is needed because the number is considered to be "external" to your PBX.

/Pete./

Thanks Pete, I'll give that a try.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Just wondering if the coded URI is correct as Wards post here
exten => 53669,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected],20,tr)

I assume that URI is still working; but implementation on my Pi uses the host your own version see thread here
Code:
https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/its-lenny.19896

Recordings (mp3) can be found at the following and can be converted in Sox or googlesearch for 'asterisk convert mp3 to ulaw email'

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ny-the-internets-favorite-telemarketing-troll

freely on the internet

dallas

Reaction score
I assume that URI is still working;

Yes it's working. My internal calls to 53669 are ok and tromboned inbound calls connect but there is no audio.
I should investigate making it local.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I wonder if you have reinvite enabled and if there is a codec issue between you and Lenny.

I have always simply setup Lenny as a Custom Extension with
dial = SIP/[email protected]

dialing it direct works fine, a transfer works fine, and even blacklist to Lenny works.

dallas

Reaction score
I wonder if you have reinvite enabled and if there is a codec issue between you and Lenny.

I have always simply setup Lenny as a Custom Extension with
dial = SIP/[email protected]

dialing it direct works fine, a transfer works fine, and even blacklist to Lenny works.
It could be reinvite. It won't be a codec issue as the call connects, there's just no audio. The call will fail if a codec can't be negotiated.

Members online

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_NOBODY_
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.