DEAL Tried SignalWire.com?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I have finally been able to receive incoming calls to my Signalwire DID registered to my IncrediblePBX CentOS 6.9, "13.13" instance.

I have Enable TLS = yes and SSL Method = sslv2. That's correct, or necessary? It works...

I can seemingly ONLY pull this off if I set Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls = yes and Allow SIP Guests = yes. I don't ordinarily ever do that. Is there a way around this that I might be missing? Otherwise, the PBX complains "WARNING,"Rejecting unknown SIP connection from [applicable Signalwire IP address]."" This happens even though I have added all Signalwire-related IP addresses to IPTables.

The PBX will also complain "WARNING[14423][C-00000000] chan_sip.c: Declining non-primary audio stream: audio 16662 RTP/AVP 0 101 13" even though the Signalwire and PBX codec settings are [I believe, and have checked] identical.
Bumping the above post containing a couple of questions (edited in the above quite from the original for brevity and clarity).

These are the IP addresses, obtained after asking in the Slack channel, that I have added to IPTables:

nslookup sip.signalwire.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: sip.signalwire.com
Address: 104.248.150.114
Address: 178.128.235.81
Address: 188.166.126.7
Address: 159.65.244.171
Address: 104.248.176.184
Address: 167.99.198.84

Last edited:
Reactions: PBXinmyhouse

PBXinmyhouse

Reaction score
Okay, I'm close now... Believe it or not, i got INBOUND working, but outbound still isn't working?!?! Any thoughts?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
You've cracked the hard part. As to outbound I've given you all I got in our IM conversation. :) Outbound is the easy one, so double check syntax, look for typos, etc. And make sure you have correctly translated the various long Signalwire strings correctly into Asterisk/FreePBX-speak "name", "host," etc.

Reactions: PBXinmyhouse

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I would think you could set this up in the same way as CallCentric by adding this block to sip_custom_post.conf assuming you have a signalwire trunk and then adding the IP addresses to your TM3 firewall whitelist:
Code:
[signalwire1](signalwire);
host=sip.signalwire.com

[signalwire2](signalwire);
host=104.248.150.114

[signalwire3](signalwire);
host=178.128.235.81

[signalwire4](signalwire);
host=188.166.126.7

[signalwire5](signalwire);
host=159.65.244.171

[signalwire6](signalwire);
host=104.248.176.184

[signalwire7](signalwire);
host=167.99.198.84

Last edited:
Reactions: tycho

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
That's nicer than what I did. I guess I did it the hard way: I created trunks in IPBX for all of those IPs and added them to the whitelist.

It's actually been working well since I did that. Hmmm; should I mess with success and try your suggestion? Why not -- that's what a sandbox is for!

I never set up Callcentric on my PBX, so I was without that basis for comparison...

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Was just playing with my SignalWire setup yesterday and after much initial pulling of hair several months ago it now seems to be working smoothly. Ward, I transitioned to the "Callcentric-esque" sip_custom_post.conf settings that you posted in Reply #24.

Even with 60-second rounding the free credit should last a looooooooong time. A while back I ported a test DID to them and it went smoothly and works well (free porting and a cost of $0.08/month). I may port some long-term but mostly dormant numbers to them as well.

Recommended, once you get past the teething problems.

Edit to add: Ward, did you repost that information because the promo code is back in service? I'd read a while back that it had gone defunct...

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The SignalWire promo code is a new one. I just modified the old post.

Frapster

Reaction score
The SignalWire promo code is a new one. I just modified the old post.
First off, thanks Ward for all that you do. I've been following you for years and tinkering around but never doing anything really with what I've been reading on your site. I just purchased a hostflyte VPS and am in the midst of setting it up. I also checked out this post and am setting up an account with SignalWire as well. I wanted to report that the code you posted is not working, am I doing something wrong or maybe it expired.

Let me know please. And again, thank you for laying out the knowledge.

Reactions: wardmundy

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Frapster: Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they pulled the promo code. We'll post an update if they offer a new one.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
@Frapster: Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they pulled the promo code. We'll post an update if they offer a new one.
Yes, keep us posted. I forwarded that info to a couple of folks but I'm sure they didn't act on it in time. If a new code comes out I'll give them one more shot and then keep my peace. :)

Reactions: wardmundy

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techwiz