GOOD NEWS Travelling Man 3 and PPTP work together?

razorgamez

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and google extensively and I couldn't find anything that specifically stated if travelling man 3 and a PPTP VPN setup for piaf would work together. The problem I have is the following, a few of the users connecting to our server are using FQDN which is why we are using Travelling Man 3, and out of those few one or two users are in a location that generally blocks voip unless it is done over a vpn.

Any idea on how to proceed?

I have tried installing PPTP VPN using all of the guides on nerdvittles however the problem I run into is that all the scripts keep on saying the following:

Warning: The install-pptp installer only works with PBX in a Flash 2. You appear to be running an incompatible version. DO NOT PROCEED.
These are my current specs:
PIAF Version Installed: 3.0.6.6 under *XEN*
Operating System: CentOS release 6.6 Final

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

razorgamez

Reaction score
For those of you wondering the same: THEY WORK WONDERFULLY WELL TOGETHER!
I did experience some difficulty connecting to the VPN after setup mainly due to the install script providing very minimal connectivity info and I was using an ubuntu based linux system (which for some reason selects every single option under advanced config). After some trial and error it connected.

If you are having trouble installing the script on PIAF 3+ please use the following instructions provided by ward: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/pptp-for-piaf-3.15262/#post-98373

One final note: For step 2 where it asks you to choose a local ip for the vpn server DO NOT ENTER YOUR PBX LOCAL IP. You need to set a separate local ip for your vpn server, otherwise the vpn will connect, it just won't function as intended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.