SOLVED Travelin man for non PBX

big charlie

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm trying to use Travelin Man 3 with a non-PBX Centos 7 server to sue with Nextcloud.

When I run secure-iptables I'll write out the modified version, I'll get notification that No IPtables problems are found. Then I press enter to display current iptables settings and nothing is shown:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

#iptables -L shows the same thing.

IPtables was installed, started, and enabled. firewalld was stopped and removed. Is this compatible with Centos 7?

I used Travelin' Man download: http://incrediblepbx.com/travelinman3.tar.gz from this article: https://nerdvittles.com/?p=815

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Did you perform all of these steps?
Code:
 systemctl disable chronyd.service
 systemctl stop chronyd.service
 systemctl disable firewalld.service
 systemctl stop firewalld.service
 systemctl mask --now firewalld
 yum -y install iptables-services
 systemctl enable iptables
 systemctl enable ip6tables

big charlie

Reaction score
Thanks Ward.

The problem was that iptables was failing to restart. secure-iptables populates with an FQDN that is no more -- gvgw1.simonics.com

Not a biggie, for anyone else playing with the Old Travelin' Man this may be of some help.

journal:
-- Unit iptables.service has begun starting up.
Jul 13 15:14:09 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
Jul 13 15:14:09 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com kernel: nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (7928 buckets, 31712 max)
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com iptables.init[4181]: iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore v1.4.21: host/network `gvgw1.simonics.com' not found
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com iptables.init[4181]: Error occurred at line: 95
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com iptables.init[4181]: Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information.
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com iptables.init[4181]: [FAILED]
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com systemd[1]: iptables.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jul 13 15:14:11 test-iptables-secure.lab.x.com systemd[1]: Failed to start IPv4 firewall with iptables.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Charles Steiner: One other thing you need to be aware of. This was a very early release. It works fine as long as one of your FQDNs doesn't fail (as you found out). That is a serious limitation of the IPtables design which they refuse to fix. In newer TM3 releases, we've separated the FQDNs into a separate file which gets loaded AFTER IPtables is running. This avoids the problem of ending up with NO protection. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.