GO HERE Travelin' Man and iptables-restart script

Tapiocapioca

Reaction score
After many troubles I fixed my pbx about strange problems with Travelin' man, but i still have a strange output. When I add new user with the command

./add-fqdn lorenzo lorenzo101.ddns.net

everything work fine, but at the end when iptables restart I can read this error:

* Loading iptables rules...
* IPv4...
* IPv6... [ OK ]

sed: can't read /etc/sysconfig/iptables: No such file or directory
No IPtables problems found.

Actually everything is working in a good way, but i can't understand this error, Ubuntu also have not files in that location, what can happen?

Islander55

Reaction score
:helpsmilie:I have the same problem and wonder if TM3 is installed correctly.

I have installed the Incrediblepbx on a raspberry pi and (after some hick-ups) got it working between phones on the LAN. Before I set up an external extension I thought I would set up the IP-tables using TraverlinMan3. The instruction reads:

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/travelinman3.tar.gz
tar zxvf travelinman3.tar.gz
yum -y install bind-utils
./secure-iptables

But my raspi has Debian which uses apt-get instead of yum so I tried that but it does not seem to be correctly installed as I cannot find add-fqdn etc.

Then I see the post from 2013

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/travelin-man-3-for-raspbx-iptables-whitelist-utility.13993/

There is says:

apt-get install dnsutils
cd /
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/travelinman3-raspbx.tar.gz
tar zxvf travelin*
rm travelin*
cd /root

But there is a warning:

This version of Travelin' Man 3 only works on the BeagleBone Black platform with RasPBX and Incredible PBX. Don't try it elsewhere!!!

I am confused and have 2 questions:

1. How do I install TranvelinMan3 on the Raspberry pi (Wheesy)
2. Looking at the IP-tables, the first row of IP-tables reads

ACCEPT all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0/0

Does that mean that the system is wide open until I remove that line? :helpsmilie:

Last edited:

Tapiocapioca

Reaction score
I think you are wrong about, if I understood clearly all new version of piaf, specially Ubuntu and Debian have travelin man pre-installed. If you downloaded it, I think you overwrite the right one config

Tapiocapioca

Reaction score
I fixed my problem, I installed with virtualbox a second machine and I checked the scripts one by one, one was corupted

Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my Raspberry Pi. There simply is no directory called /etc/sysconfig. Yet the script for add-fqdn and secure-iptables clearly call for accessing a file in that directory.

miguel

Reaction score
So I managed to add-fqdn and place it on ipcjecker, I still cant access the server from outside the network I am using the latest
Raspbian 8 Jessie , what could I be missing? is there anything? please help for me it is important to have at least one remote extension.

best regards,

MN.

miguel

Reaction score
Hi the problem is that every time I am on mobile data I cannot register everthough I have an ip updater on my android phone, and I have added that (add-fqdn) to the iptables, what else can I do?

Best regards your help is much apprecciated.

MN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.