buckrobbie80

Reaction score
Hi thanks in advance for any help you can give to me. I have installed incredible PBX13-13 whole enchilada to use for our churches on Vultr following the tutorial. I am trying to setup Travelin' Man 3 so I can manage the GUI and make calls away from the office ip. Also I would like to connect another church campus via dynu ddns. I read on the forum that Travelin' Man 3 came bult into incredible pbx 13-13? I put my ddns in using the following syntax. /root/add-fqdn nickname name.dynu.net I can login for a short while probably less than 30 minutes but then it won't let me access the gui or my sip phone app register from my Android phone (galaxy note 8). The only thing I have changed was editing the timing to 3 minutes and hours to 5 am and 11 PM in /etc/crontab using nano -w. I didn't see a place to enter the iptables account name so I didn't enter it. Example: (#!/bin/bash

# Insert the account filenames to be checked below
# Remember to increment the account[#] for new entries

account[0]=larry.iptables
account[1]=curly.iptables
account[2]=moe.iptables) I

have searched the forum / blogs for 3 days but no solution. I tried to install Travelin Man 3 from the script on the blog just in case it wasn't included, but it didn't work either? So I reverted from a Vultr backup. I thought Travelin' Man 3 was the best combination of ease of use and security to accomplish this task of remote users. Set it and forget it not literally though for security. Thanks again for your help, Robert

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
If I remember in the cron job it looks something like: modifying for your chosen hours

*/3 5-23 * * * root /root/ipchecker > /dev/null2>&1

what this says is every 3 minutes (*/3) between the hours of 5AM and 11 PM (5-23) every day of the month, every month, every day of the week ( * * * ) run as root (root) the file here ( /root/ipchecker) [the > /dev/null 2>&1 even I don't know what it does, sorry]

so what you need to do is look at ipchecker in the root folder. (I did look and found no place for that info either)

The reason is the file has been updated to do it for you -- file from before may be in your root folder as ipchecker.orig (This file has the Larry, Moe, Curly right at the top of the file)

So as to your issue, I don't know, but this is correct as far as I can tell.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@buckrobbie80 You've got a very old version of ipchecker. You no longer have to enter your *.iptables file names in ipchecker. And that is not what comes with Incredible PBX 13-13. Which tutorial did you follow??

buckrobbie80

Reaction score
I wasn't sure so I originally used http://nerdvittles.com/?p=815 but that didn't work so I reverted to a Vultr backup so it is unchanged from the original install th4e only thing I added to teh original second time around is then I just used /root/add-fqdn to add my dynu ddns name and it let me login to the gui and register my cellphone via sip for a short time but it stopped working after a while and obviously iptables is blocking me even though the dynamic ip on my cellphone hadn't changed yet. Btw I couldn't find an updated tutorial for 3 just for 4 and entering an ip address by remote phone which I don;t have time to provide training for. I would like things to happen automatically once I setup the ddns update software on phones etc...

Thanks for you help,
Robert

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In the version you have, you'll need to manually add entries for each of your added FQDNs in /root/ipchecker. Then make sure the script is included in /etc/crontab as shown above.

account[0]=larry.iptables
account[1]=curly.iptables
account[2]=moe.iptables

buckrobbie80

Reaction score
Ward, thanks for the help I'm just a little confused for some reason? My brain is not working right today! Even though I have the tutorial version of Incredible PBX 13-13 on my Vultr currently (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948) by
Installing Incredible PBX 13-13 LEAN then using
Upgrading to Incredible PBX Whole Enchilada tutorial. Next I added my fqdn. Do I still need to add travelin' man 3 install script to use Travelin' Man 3 as follows
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/travelinman3.tar.gz
tar zxvf travelinman3.tar.gz
yum -y install bind-utils
./secure-iptables
to my Incredible PBX 13-13 install? Or do I just add account[0]=mynickname.iptables to /root/ipchecker/

By "Then make sure the script is included in /etc/crontab as shown above." Did you mean */3 5-23 * * * root /root/ipchecker > /dev/null2>&1

I have used PIAF and FreePbx on premises but never remotely or in the cloud before.

Thanks again Ward,
Robert

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@buckrobbie80: Travelin' Man 3 is already included. And the version of ipchecker on that build should not have the account[0]... entries and should find your *.iptables files automatically.

buckrobbie80

Reaction score
Ward sorry for the confusion I have caused to you that was part of my original question. Since Travelin' Man 3 is already included I should just have to add my fqdn which I did /root/add-fqdn nicknmae mynickname.myddnsprovider.tld right? I did that and that is when it worked (remote sip and gui) for only a few minutes. I did change timing in crontab from 10 minutes to 3 minutes and time from 5am to 11pm. So I thought it might not be included thats when I added the old script but that when it didn't work either not sure what was wrong with it. I then reverted to the original 13-13 install I had streight from the script using Vultr backup. Here is a copy of my crontab file do the ipchecker entries look okay? Just trying to figure out why it only works for a few minutes?

GNU nano 2.0.9 File: /etc/crontab

# | .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# | | .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# | | | .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# | | | | .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,$
# | | | | |
# * * * * * user-name command to be executed

15 0 * * * root /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart >/dev/null 2>&1
*/3 5-23 * * * root /root/ipchecker > /dev/null 2>&1
2 0 * * * root rm /tmp/*.sln >/dev/null 2>&1

Thanks,
Robert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.