FYI Travelin' Man 3 setup issue

ScottVinzant

Reaction score
I'm set up at HiFormance with the IncrediblePBX 13-13 install.
When I set up Travelin' Man 3 with the IP address of my cell phone (cellular data, not WiFi) I can get the registration to work, but no audio passes.

I have tried all manner of options:
etc., etc.

ONLY when I set up with option 0 (Zero) does audio from the call work.
I am fairly certain I have other things like NAT and port numbers all correct.

Is this a quirk? A bug? Am I missing something else somewhere?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
RTP ports aren't whitelisted by default because most routers properly handle opening them automatically. Sounds like yours doesn't.

ScottVinzant

Reaction score
RTP ports aren't whitelisted by default because most routers properly handle opening them automatically. Sounds like yours doesn't.

I'm not sure how my router plays into this.
I have shut off my WiFi, I am using my Sprint Cellular data plan to connect to an IncrediblePBX 13-13 instance running at HiFormance.
I guess another question is:
Is choosing option 0 (zero) (for "all services") the same thing as choosing options 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (I think not as it did not work.)

So this may either be a Sprint or HiFormance issue.
Anyway, option "0" works and audio passes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Option 0 is not the same as picking 1 through 9. Option 0 opens all ports, one of which you seem to need. Difficult to figure out what that might be without looking at the actual packets.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
@ScottVinzant

See my similar thread here

After reading your thread, I changed the add-fqdn to use 0 (All) today and the audio path just worked. Now I am going to work to modify the file /usr/local/sbin/iptables-custom to add back the sip-udp and then add the rtp ports..

I already remove all of the providers I don't use and now I even pull the Simonics SIP-GV Gateway. Only leaving my Providers and end-points...

Thank you for posting it sent me back to where I though I needed to be, but got off track.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.