Transfer direct to voicemail using BLF buttons on Aastra

mikes2

Reaction score
Searching didn't find any posts on this, though I'm sure it has been covered somewhere!

I've had several users ask about the ability to transfer calls directly to an extension's voicemail box using the associated BLF button.

I know you can xfer to *+(extension number) manually to accomplish this, but if you try to transfer to *+(BLF key for extension number), the BLF key replaces the dial string (deleting the * in the process), resulting in a normal transfer to the extension.

On a hunch I tried adding a Speeddial "XferVmail" button set to "*+" (ie dial * and wait for additional input), but that also doesn't work in conjunction with the subsequent push of a BLF (or second extension speed dial) button.

Is there any way to do this? It would be quite handy for, say, an operator console where the operator doesn't have extension numbers memorized for all users.

etech3

Reaction score
On my asstra 57i
I can do Xfer > * > Extension > Xfer (which is send)
you can program a button to speed dial *+ext
that goes right to that vm ext

mikes2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I could do that, but my goal is to not double the button usage (by defining two buttons for each extension - the "xfer to voicemail" button in addition to the normal BLF button).

On the expansion module I could have "page 1" be the normal BLFs and "page 2" be the "xfer to voicemail" buttons, but this is still less than ideal (as well as again resulting in double button usage across the two pages)

Socs28

Reaction score
Have you gotten anywhere on this? I'm looking for the same thing.

Speedy2k

Reaction score
try to create a fost button call it as you like and put in this value: "*+" i have found that when you put the + after a soft key, i will wait for a matching dial plan entry, after that you can enter the extension number or you can try to push a softkey extension. Let us know if it is working!

mag

Guru
Reaction score
You could try programming a button to do ##* and then hit the BLF key Let us know if that works.

mikes2

Reaction score
I did try programming a "prepend key" - no dice

(see prior msg in thread) The second BLF / speed dial key completely overwrites whatever is in the dial string buffer. I have not gotten any further on this BTW.

robeerski

Reaction score
has anyone ever gotten this to work

I have tried everything suggested here plus some others and nothing I do will allow me to do this. It seems that any button when used with a BLF key is useless.

My goal is the same. On an aastra phone I would like a key called Xfer Voicemail which when pressed prior to a BLF will transfer a call to that person's voicemail.

KNERD

Reaction score
Yes, this is an old thread, but I am looking up the same thing now;. What is a "fost" button?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.