SOLVED Transcribing Voicemails with IBM Bluemix

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Not using yet but if the emails are printing the \r\n\r\n Message: then find the line in the script that reads

echo "\r\n\r\nMessage;..." and add the -e --- e.g. echo -e "\r\n\r\nMessage:...." this should be what you need

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
So, tried the latest scripts on a new 13-13 install. when I run bluemix-test
Code:
WARNING: Always run Incredible PBX behind a secure hardware-based firewall.
root@can:/usr/local/sbin $ bluemix-test
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   98k  100   284  100   98k    112  39762  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:-- 39750
with no text revealed. email with voicemail looks like the original, though I followed the instructions.
UN/PW on Bluemix are correct?

ideas?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Are you sure you're using your STT credentials and not your TTS credentials?? They're different.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
DOH! How many times have people done that? Works like a charm.

So... I also have a very old Production 2.0.6.2 PIAF running CentOS 6.2 Final.
When I try bluemix-test, I get an error 35 (SSL/TLS?) error back from curl.

Any idea? I tried updating curl to no luck.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Found this article about updating curl in CentOS6, but nervous about doing it (production server; don't need to mess it up.)
Code:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/how-to-upgrade-curl-in-centos6
Any suggestions?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Thanks to you and Bill.

I added the -e and the slashes went away. I also had to update nss and curl (yum update curl nss) - most of the repos seem down, but it hit one that works.

The formatting is now correct and the email is delivered transcribed.

A good day.

Andrew

Not using yet but if the emails are printing the \r\n\r\n Message: then find the line in the script that reads

echo "\r\n\r\nMessage;..." and add the -e --- e.g. echo -e "\r\n\r\nMessage:...." this should be what you need

dhoppy

Reaction score
I'm running Incredible PBX 13-12 on a rentpbx installation. When I run bluemix-test I get a warning that the system couldn't read data from the file.

Has anyone experienced this?

Warning: Couldn't read data from file
Warning: "/usr/share/asterisk/sounds/en_US/record-message-after-beep.wav",
Warning: this makes an empty POST.
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
128 128 128 128 0 0 215 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 589

Reaction score
My transcription works, but my MP3 voicemails are all 0 bytes? Anyone else getting that issue?

My system:
Incredible PBX 15.2017-12-12 for Wazo (17.17)
Asterisk 15.1.3
Fully updated Debian

Thanks!

dhoppy

Reaction score
My transcription works, but my MP3 voicemails are all 0 bytes? Anyone else getting that issue?

My system:
Incredible PBX 15.2017-12-12 for Wazo (17.17)
Asterisk 15.1.3
Fully updated Debian

Thanks!
I am testing on two different systems, on my Incredible 13-13 (CentOS 7.4.1708, Asterisk 13.20.0, Incredible 13.0.120.10) system I am getting an email with a working transcription and an mp3 file that doesn't work, but the attached mp3 is 300 bytes.

On my Incredible 13-12 system, I posted above about my problem.

DoctorJ

Reaction score
@dhoppy,

I had the same problem on my install. It was just the path to the .wav file in the bluemix-test script was off. For me, the was no "/en" subfolder. In your case, there may not be an "/en_US" folder. I would ssh into your server, then start working your way down the folder tree until you see the "after-the-beep" file. Insert the full path to that file in your script.

Hope that makes sense.

You can read all about it here.

Last edited:

dhoppy

Reaction score
@dhoppy,

I had the same problem on my install. It was just the path to the .wav file in the bluemix-test script was off. For me, the was no "/en" subfolder. In your case, there may not be an "/en_US" folder. I would ssh into your server, then start working your way down the folder tree until you see the "after-the-beep" file. Insert the full path to that file in your script.

Hope that makes sense.

You can read all about it here.
Thank you. You are right. I thought I checked the path.

On to the next problem. Bluemix-test was successful, but the email received did not include a transcription and the attached mp3 does not play, probably because the system thinks there is nothing in the voicemail.

dhoppy

Reaction score
Thank you. You are right. I thought I checked the path.

On to the next problem. Bluemix-test was successful, but the email received did not include a transcription and the attached mp3 does not play, probably because the system thinks there is nothing in the voicemail.
If anyone else has this problem, installing lame fixed the mp3 attachment issue I was having.

bengineer

Reaction score
@wardmundy, and suggestions on making curl work in centOS 6.2?

I was getting curl 35 errors and updating openssl & curl worked for me on CentOS 5.11. Instructions for doing so are here:
https://miteshshah.github.io/linux/...-a-tlsv1-1-and-tlsv1-2-on-centos-5-and-rhel5/
I went with openssl 1.0.2o & curl 7.59.0 rather than the ones listed. I don't know if I broke anything else. I had to move the curl created from /usr/local/bin/ to /usr/bin/ where the old version of curl was located.

tuffcalc

Reaction score
Hi - this is working great for me, except I'm getting %HESITATION markers all over the place when voicemails are transcribed. Does anyone know how I can filter out the code to remove these? Thanks

najeh

Reaction score
hello in english voicemail transcribed good i need for arabic how to add arabic to transcrib

dhoppy

Reaction score

The scripts use IBM's Bluemix Speech to Text API to transcribe voicemails and then deliver both the transcribed message and the .WAV or .MP3 attachment via email.

Ward, I recently wondered about the security/confidentiality aspect of having a third party (IBM) transcribe voicemails. Say for a company that does health care related work, does IBM handle the data in a way that should cause concern?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ward, I recently wondered about the security/confidentiality aspect of having a third party (IBM) transcribe voicemails. Say for a company that does health care related work, does IBM handle the data in a way that should cause concern?

I can't answer for IBM, but I'm sure someone at IBM could respond. And I feel certain it's a base they have covered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.