Total active calls/channels not zero

rmavillarica

Reaction score
Greetings from the Philippines!

I am a 2 week old Trixbox and now PBXiaF newbie. I have managed to muddle myself into a decently working system.

I do have a question that I cannot find the answer to:

In my FreePBX System Status screen, it says that I have:
Total active calls: 3
Internal calls: 0
External calls: 0
Total active channels: 3
IP Trunks Online: 5 (out of 5)
IP Trunk Registrations: 4 (out of 4)

Should the Total active calls not equal the sum of the Internal and External calls? There there are no ongoing calls that I can see in the FOP. This is my system state all the time. When I make a call, the number of active calls increases to 4 as one would expect.

Can someone enlighten me? I suspect I am doing something wrong or have configured something incorrectly.

Thank you.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I reckon you have got a hung call - type "show channels" at the asterisk CLI to show what is going on. If you do have a hung call, then the easiest way of dealing with it is to restart asterisk with the command "restart now" at the Asterisk CLI

Bear in mind that 1 call usually equals 2 channels, one to your phone, and one to the destination.

Joe

rmavillarica

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Thank you!

I did the "show channels" and it showed 3 channels with something like DISA:1. These were cleared, as you suggested with the restart. I thought I was restarting asterisk with "amportal restart" but apparently I was not.

Again, thank you!

Martin

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Amportal restart does a "gracefull" restart - that is to say that asterisk will only close down and restart when all calls are finished -as you had a hung call ..... you can fill in the rest

rmavillarica

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

I was wondering why it always said that asterisk was already running whenever I did an amportal restart. Now I know.

Thank you again.

Martin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.