NEWS FLASH Tony Lewis et al Leaving Sangoma

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
A pretty good article ... might .. give you an idea of Sangoma commitment to open source.
Not sure it really clarifies anything. It's all just talk and saying the right things at this point. Actions are what matter. This year was just about completing existing projects. It will be another year or so to see how things really move forward.

V15 took way to long to get to release, but the new crew should be up getting up to speed now. The smart move would be to announce a fairly conservative v16 roadmap and execute it promptly. From an open source/non-distro perspective, officially supporting a non-EOL'd php version would be a nice start.

KNERD

Reaction score
A pretty good article ... might .. give you an idea of Sangoma commitment to open source.

Not sure. They cannot even get closed source good. Seen that Zulu UC they been working on for TWO YEARS? Still in Beta (but yet trying to sell licenses for it). I recently set it up. Utter trash. Audio is either bad, or none.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Not sure. They cannot even get closed source good. Seen that Zulu UC they been working on for TWO YEARS? Still in Beta (but yet trying to sell licenses for it). I recently set it up. Utter trash. Audio is either bad, or none.
I will say they need to get their act together. They have bungled roll out of this release.

V15 was "Released" 10/31, but is no where to be found on their web site. It only exists for geeks that know how and where to pull the tarball and manually install.

Making customers hunt for your product is a great strategy.

KNERD

Reaction score
For a while, in the distro, the FreePBX upgrader from 14, to 15 was included. Setting up the newest distro to test out Zulu UC, it was no longer even available for download in the Module Admin. You now have to scour their wiki looking for it, and manually download it yourself.

That is crazy.

I have also noticed not many Sangoma people are in the forum anymore answering questions to problems people are having.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.