NO JOY Toggle Extension Follow-Me via IVR from call

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I don't have the sexy answer for this, but hope by working together, we can document one.

Background: Users want to call in and have access to perhaps a back-door IVR that will give them the ability via a simple IVR selection to toggle their extension follow-me on or off. This has been discussed before and this link provides the prior info on it. Unfortunately, one of the people that know best on this, Lorne who contributed some assistance decided to remove all his posts (that or Ward deleted them??).

Some comments on how to accomplish this is to create a miscellaneous destination that would dial *21<ext> - so for extensions 100 we would set it to dial *21100. If you create this IVR with this misc dest it works great ... from the inside of the PBX. Not so much from the outside. You see, everything after the *21 is removed and it uses your own extension from the outside. There was also a comment that you could use DISA to tell it you are extension 100 on the inside and thereby dial *21 and get the desired affect. However, there would then be no voice prompts, not be sexy at all, and above the heads of most users.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
You can find Lorne over at the FPBX forums; he works for Sangoma still I think. Perhaps rather than re-inventing the wheel asking there might save time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.