To do list

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
To do list

1. CD to stop at ISO install, then prompt for reboot - done

2. Include extra-sounds (gsm version) in payload - done

3. Move install.sh into the payload, so that the install does not start unless the tar file has come down completely and been unzipped - ensure backwards compatibility for existing ISO's - done, and backwards compatibility maintained, so no need for new ISO, but one is available

4. Include Genzaptelconf in the install file - and add entry to rc.local to automatically start zaptel on boot, as make config does not seem to work as expected. Digium seem to have fixed this, so zaptel now starts with the operating system - Genzaptelconf is now in the script, and sets up a basic config for the hardware.

5. Logrotate, so the files do not get to big. http://nerdvittles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186&highlight=logrotate needs checking to confirm that it is doing what is supposed to be doing, but is implemented

6. Any yum updates to be included. done

7. create sip_nat.conf - and put in some commented out entries as a guide. The file is there, put in your own entries

Consider using postfix as the mail server, as easier to configure for SMTP Auth to customer's mail servers - comments? No comments so have left it as is.

added script to set up t*f*t*p server, along with help menu option

Anything else?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Rename the PIAF logo, and change amportal to suit, as the logo.png file is overwritten by FreePBX Toad on upgrade.

done. new logo is called custom-logo.png The same logo is used on the front page as it is in FreePBX, to rebrand, create a logo no more than 55 pixels high, call it custom-logo.png and drop a copy into /var/www/html/welcome, and another copy into /var/www/html/admin/images, then set ownership chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/www/html

tip: if your logo is light in colour, it looks better in FreePBX with a transparent background.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Investigate installing NTP time server on PiaF

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Fix this as below.

OK, after much fiddling... I finally figured out what the problem was...

It was a register_globals issue with PHP.
In /var/www/html/meetme/conf_control.php immediately after the line that begins with:

Code:
/* ACTION * * * * * *
Add the following two lines:

Code:
extract($_POST);extract($_GET);
This solved the issue for me.

I just can't imagine this was working AT ALL on a fresh install of PIAF since register_globals is off in the php.ini file. As it should be.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
new one

/var/www/html/index.php

line 15

$admin=$_REQUEST["admin"];

should be

$admin = $_REQUEST["admin"];

I will push out a patch today sometime

Also we need

/var/www/html/favicon.ico

This is causing an error in the http logs

In /var/www/html/login.php on line 49

it is calling for /welcome/custom-logo.jpg.... I changed this to .png

Tom

tel0p

Guru
Reaction score
comment

+1 for making postfix the default over sendmail.

For those of us with port 25 blocked or inhibited by our ISP's. Postfix solves this issue by allowing authenticated (TLS) outgoing email. I'm utilizing gmail for instance. Plus, IMO, postfix > sendmail. :biggrin5:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.