GOOD NEWS The New Incredible PBX GUI

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Absolutely love it. Converting my test servers as I type this. I will take a look at my production server to figure out how to proceed.

Congratulations, and best of luck trying to eat with only a spoon.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something in NV blog, why is it you have to install IPBX first and then upgrade to this afterwords? Is it related to legalities? Will there eventually be an installer for this where you start fresh with just the OS like it used to be?

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I ran the install but I still see the old menus (new login screen though). I can tell that the tables have been emptied and the module list a bit smaller. What out of the .gz should I attempt to recover?

Code:
SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index-freepbx.html': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index.html': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index.php': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index.php05132015': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index2.html': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index_custom.booboo.php': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index_custom.php': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index_custom.php.1': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of `/var/www/html/index_custom.php05132015': Operation not permitted
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/cxpanel
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/provisioning
Permissions OK
Removing any dangling symlinks
Dangling symlinks removed

This is on an IncrediblePBX on that did have a few changes on it as - should I just re-image?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I ran the install but I still see the old menus (new login screen though). I can tell that the tables have been emptied and the module list a bit smaller. What out of the .gz should I attempt to recover?

This is on an IncrediblePBX on that did have a few changes on it as - should I just re-image?

Please start from scratch with the latest Incredible PBX installers. A number of things had to be adjusted to support the Incredible PBX GUI.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Re-imaged my VPS, reinstalled the Incredible; installed the new GUI and still see the old menus. Where should I look?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Re-imaged my VPS, reinstalled the Incredible; installed the new GUI and still see the old menus. Where should I look?

What do you mean "the old menus"?

In any event, no need to expect all new menus. Old menus are a fine thing/capable of use if the old menu code was GPL'd open source code. This is a Spork (*heh*), not a complete re-write. You will see many, many similarities to the FreePBX GUI...

synack

Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I was just going to say the changes are subtle. Notice the lack of FreePBX anywhere. Should have only incrediblepbx branding and logos.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Well, let me ask you. When you login to the Admin Console, does your first screen look like this? I was expecting something similar to the picture on Ward's page. I may be wrong.ward004.jpg

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Ahhh. Okay, I get it. I was hoping for the prettier screen. I shall forge ahead! Thanks All.

I do see this... :)

ward005.jpg

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
You, too, can have the prettier screen. Just do the upgrade to v12. You are still at v11 -- where all of us started. I now have one cloud server on v11 (which looks like your pic) and one on v12 (which looks like Ward's pic). The v11 instance looks much like FreePBX 2.11. The v12 instance looks much like FreePBX 12.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do.... thanks! It's just one of those days... "slap my a** and call me Sally"..

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
Regarding some of those posts you linked to. Blah blah blah.
I guess there is always someone who is going to complain. That doesn't change the true wonders of PBXIAF over here.
Thank you. :party:

synack

Guru
Reaction score
Meh, different strokes for different folks. Some people like IncrediblePBX, some don't. The great thing and also the flaw of forums, is that people can post whatever opinion they have. I personally prefer PiaF without the incredible additions, but that's me. I won't bag on anyone for liking something else (well maybe iPhone users, but that's a special case :) I kid of course). I would much prefer it if the complaining people would get involved to make a better product, or just move along and stop distracting those who do.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It's actually incredibly amusing to me how much people complain about something that is available for free. I'm all for making suggestions for improvements, but the complaints are a constant source of amusement for me.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
It's actually incredibly amusing to me how much people complain about something that is available for free. I'm all for making suggestions for improvements, but the complaints are a constant source of amusement for me.

I agree. I personally don't like the white tables for my setup, but that's my issue and I found ways around it. To sit and complain about it not fitting into your desired model and then not giving anything back to the community or even having a suggestion as to how to do things is comical.
Seems like the PIAF team are trying to figure out any methods available, and in so doing, have come up with different GUI's that may or may not work, its a community where people give and people get.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.