FOOD FOR THOUGHT The Morphing of FreePBX

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
if you want something interesting try this, go grab any pc that supports raid, setup a raid mirrored drive, install piaf3, convert to freepbx 11 using http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/Converting+PBXiaF+Distro+to+a+FreePBX+Distro

now update to freepbx 12, no issues, everything works, now upgrade to freepbx 13, no problems, everything works, as long as you never reboot, the kernel upgrade in freepbx 13 does not support raid...

result, the kernel panics every time.

pretty major bug, but PiaF is not affected by it and nor is Centos or SL, or Oracle, or RHEL, as it's something Sangoma/Schmooze/FreePBX have done with their kernel, if someone could show me the kernel config I'm sure I could work it out, but I don't know where to look for it.

If it's not broken, why fix it, if it's not broken why change it?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
hecatae: That's interesting since Rob Thomas today suggested just the opposite on the Whirlpool Forum in Australia:
Look at me replying to all these ancient topics. I should come here more often. Yes, we are using **exactly** CentOS. We just can't call it that. Everything's the same, not even recompiled. Kernel, Modules, packages, everything. The only thing we've had to recompile is anything that has 'CentOS' or 'Redhat' in it, and replace it.
*shrug*. What can ya do.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The surprises just keep on comin'...

CMxqwG5WUAAmAW4.jpg

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
if someone could show me the kernel config I'm sure I could work it out, but I don't know where to look for it.

If you haven't already, look in /boot/config-$(uname -r) . It's there for an older FBX VM I have running.

billsimon

Reaction score
Time bomb just looks like a date bug to me, but I'm not wearing my tin hat today. :hat:

Asher

Reaction score
Time bomb/bug in 2040. I'm good with that. Plan on not supporting FreePBX by then, I'll be old and drooly. of course, Synack already thinks I'm old and drooly...

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Ashton Tate - That's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time.

Dbase II and Dbase III - I remember very well. ... but don't forget - then came along Clipper

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
WAMPUM may be a bit long in the tooth but, fortunately, its author hasn't aged unlike some...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.