GOOD NEWS The Gotcha-Free PBX

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Well, it's finally out the door. We're pleased to introduce Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

Nerd Vittles tutorial: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=11766

B8OWfudIMAE7CG3.jpg:large

B3CjmauIUAAoH38.jpg:large

B8MyS14CEAA7AxF.jpg:large

B8R2wkgIMAAHNSg.jpg:large

piafhbsh01

Reaction score
Is there somewhere a comparison of features between freepbx & asterisk-gui?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those that want to experiment using VirtualBox on any desktop machine...

We've uploaded a new Scientific Linux 6.6 .ova image for VirtualBox to SourceForge. Should propagate to the download servers within a few minutes. Just download and double-click on the .ova file to install SL 6.6 into VirtualBox.

It includes the SL 6.6 minimal build as well as most of the additional RPMs needed to install any of the Incredible PBX releases on the RH platform. That includes Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI as well as the original Incredible PBX for CentOS 6.

Once you have the SL 6.6 image running under VirtualBox, just begin the tutorial at the step to install Incredible PBX, and you'll be good to go. Using this image on the front end speeds up new installs by 50% to roughly 20 minutes. That's comparable to a new cloud-based install on Digital Ocean.

B8XyXwoCQAA3dJs.jpg:large

Here's the quick-and-dirty VirtualBox tutorial for those that have never tried it. For these new builds, you still will need to run the Incredible PBX installer so ignore that language below...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've updated the original article to clarify the dialing prefixes associated with all of the default trunks. Just dial the prefix + any 10-digit number to place a call (once you've set up the trunk with your credentials).

Here is the complete list of dialing prefixes and the trunks to which they are associated:

• 1 – Google Voice
  • 2 – Anveo Direct
  • 3 – Future Nine
  • 4 – CallCentric
  • 5 – DIDlogic
  • 6 – IPcomms
  • 7 – Les.net
  • 8 – Vitelity
  • 9 – VoIP.ms

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Ha! You are using the single-digit-prefix-to-select-trunk mojo that I've been using for years on all of my PIAF boxes. Pulling up my handy cheat-sheet (need it; can't remember otherwise!), I'm doing this:

1+ - GoogleVoice1
2+ - Localphone
3+ - Future9
4+ - Circlenet
5+ - CheapvoipInc
6+ - Onesuite
7+ - CallWithUs
8+ - Callcentric
9+ - GoogleVoice2

Great minds... :)

tvittito

Reaction score
I might have missed, but what is the login info for the above OVA file?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.